Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Hi..evrybody...

one of my colleague is resigning is job and joining other company as better than this postion. today he send a good bye mail to everybody. so i like to reply him and like to wish him best of luck for his future ( i like to express my mixture feeling about his resignation..because he is really nice guy. he was in good postion but still he use to respect everybody. really i m going to missing his supervison in my job.)

please help me to write commandable reply for his good bye letter as soon as possible....

please check the below letter and rectify the mistakes:-

Goodbye,
I'm thanking you so much for all the help you provide for me, I've enjoyed working with you and will miss you. I’m really proud that, at least I worked with a nice person like you. I m sure we won’t get a better manger like you.
Really I don’t have mood to say you good bye, but its fact we have to say. If unknowingly I hurt (did any mistake) you really excuse me for that.
I wish you the best of luck in your new job, and hope that we can keep in touch.

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
That's a beautiful, heartfelt and sincere letter, letsrock.

I say send it as it is.

It's a private and personal expression of your own thoughts and if I were your colleague I would appreciate it more than if I suspected it had been polished up by people like us.

Rover

letsrock

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
That's a beautiful, heartfelt and sincere letter, letsrock.

I say send it as it is.

It's a private and personal expression of your own thoughts and if I were your colleague I would appreciate it more than if I suspected it had been polished up by people like us.

Rover

are you sure i can forward this letter?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
are you sure i can forward this letter?
YES.

There are some minor slips in the English, but nothing important. I agree with Rover's thoughts.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What Rover said.^^^

Native speaker, but not a teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.