Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi you can learn English basics by Google search. You can also get help from private tutors to learn the language.

ratóncolorao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi you can learn English basics by Google search. You can also get help from private tutors to learn the language.

Hello,

How to get private tutors on the Internet? I am crazy about this idea.

I badly need one of those.

jack4321

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Bihari
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Now a days learning English is very much important in according to co-ordinate with the people..

If you have any resources for learning english... give me also...

:)

SirGod

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Looking for some useful sites to learn English.

First of all, learn how to use proper capitalisation and punctuation, it is an important thing. Also, use a spell checker (web browsers have it built-in - it highlights your misspelled words and suggests you the correct form), this way you will learn the correct form of the words you type.

jack4321

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Bihari
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Learning english is not a big issuse...you just need to have a regular practice of speaking in english...

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Hello,

How to get private tutors on the Internet? I am crazy about this idea.

I badly need one of those.

There are some here: Tutors - ESL Web Directory - UsingEnglish.com

This is an open database, so these aren't recommendations, just sites that have submitted, be careful to check places very carefully before you pay anything over the internet. Many have free trial lessons.

dlotus205

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
There are thousands of sites here: ESL Web Directory

Hi Tdol,
Many thanks for your useful link. Keep posting like this.
Best rgs.

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
If I can comment on the thread's title: if you want to learn easy, maybe you don't want to learn thoroughly. Many young people today want us, the teachers, to download the information for them into their brains. They want to be passive receptacles. They want us to do the legwork.

So, I'd have been more impressed if you'd said you wanted to learn English the hard way. And come out with battle scars and personal memories.

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
If I can comment on the thread's title: if you want to learn easy, maybe you don't want to learn thoroughly. Many young people today want us, the teachers, to download the information for them into their brains. They want to be passive receptacles. They want us to do the legwork.

So, I'd have been more impressed if you'd said you wanted to learn English the hard way. And come out with battle scars and personal memories.

You never know. He might be on his way to curing cancer. All he needs is to learn English. In that case, he should learn it easy and move on to the hard stuff.

I'm joking but there's a serious point in there.

mrang

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
As I have already posted in another thread, singing will help and it is fun. Singing songs with only lyrics will help word recognition.

Hedwig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina

Well said. I came into this thread lured by the absurdity of the title. I was going to joke about it but now, after your rigorous post, there's no room for jokes left. ;-)

Hedwig_________________________________
The way of knowledge is paved with thorns. :cool:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Many young people today want us, the teachers, to download the information for them into their brains. They want to be passive receptacles. They want us to do the legwork.

Every couple of days we'll get an email to the site asking for a complete grammar of English with explanations (immediately). The request to be taught it in two weeks or a month comes up regularly, but less frequently. :crazyeye:

Last edited:

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
My students in Hong Kong showed me a book entitled "Learn English Better than an American in 10 Days." It's a big seller. I wonder how hard it is to do that.

leonardoatt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Just purchase "Rosetta stone British English" with all of its levels(1-5).Work with the software for 1 hour a day.That's the best way to learn English with no more difficulty.:roll::roll:

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I've tried Rosetta Stone, and find it gimmicky with the varying kinds of interaction. It does teach a little, but Pimsleur's method (available used on Amazon) is far better in my opinion. It's 95% listening and speaking, with no visual distractions or pseudo-multimedia stimulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.