Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Question: You have recently started work in a new company.

Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter
a. explain why you changed jobs
b. describe your new job
c. tell him/her your other news

Answer:
Dear Rahul,

I am writing to inform you that i have started working in a new company, which is located at CBD, Sydney, Australia.

The reason i have changed the job is to enhance my career growth. As you know, we have discussed about my position in the previous company. Over a period of time, i could not learn the new things. It was monotonous job. I could not foresee my future growth in the previous company.

My current roles and responsibilities are quite fascinating in the new firm. My designation is Technical Analyst. As a Technical Analyst, the person who analyze the technical feasibility and provide the optimal solution for the given task. These informations will be documented and send it to the top management for approval. Once it is approved, my team members will start the implementation. In case, if they found any road blocks while implementing the task, i always help them to solve the issue. It is kind of Research and development job which i always enjoyed to work. I am confident about my future growth in the current organization. We are working on the automation project which will be successful in the near future.

I do have one more news to share with you. My family members are joining with me next month from Dubai. I have been living alone for three months.

Looking forward to your reply, if you have any news.

Your friend,
Sam.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
This looks like a homework exercise.

Your teacher needs to know what you can do. It would not be right for us to correct your work first.

As us again if your teacher subsequently makes corrections which you don't inderstand.

Always capitalise I.

Rover

mgn_v

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello Rover,
Next month,I am appearing for IELTS exam. I am practising Letter and Essay writing. I do not have teacher(in-person) to correct my writing. That is the reason, i'm posting my writing here to identify my grammar mistakes. If you would be able to correct the grammar which would be grateful.

mgn_v

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you Gil for your valuable suggestions and corrected the mistakes.

Can you please advise me how can i conclude the letter in order to replace the below content?

Looking forward to your reply, if you have any news. (And...what if your friend doesn't have any news but just wants to
respond?)

Thanks in Advance.
Mgn

mgn_v

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India