• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

go

Am I losing weight the right way?
    I've been eating alot healthier lately.. No soda.. More fruit.. More vegetables.. Substituting fried for grilled.. And eating less. Average calorie intake of 1300-1500 a day. I'm 16 , 5'8". I weigh 164, down from 175 about 2 months ago. I do about an hour of cardio on any given day, and intense weight training 3 days a week. I would like to get down to 150, or at least get a flat stomach. My clothes do feel looser, but I guess my question is am I doing things right? Anything I should do differently? Thanks.
    You are doing very well! :The way you are going, you will lose about 2 pounds per week, which is healthy weight loss. Good luck!

I would like to know the meaning of "go" in "the way you are going"

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: go

If he continues to do what he is already doing. Imagine he is on a metaphorical journey to a healthier body. The way (the direction) he is traveling (going) is the correct way to get where he wants to go.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by wowenglish1 View Post
    Am I losing weight the right way?
    I've been eating alot healthier lately.. No soda.. More fruit.. More vegetables.. Substituting fried for grilled.. And eating less. Average calorie intake of 1300-1500 a day. I'm 16 , 5'8". I weigh 164[units] down from 175 about 2 months ago. I do about an hour of cardio on any given day, and intense weight training 3 days a week. I would like to get down to 150, or at least get a flat stomach. My clothes do feel looser, but I guess my question is am I doing things right? Anything I should do differently? Thanks.
    You are doing very well! :The way you are going, you will lose about 2 pounds per week, which is healthy weight loss. Good luck!

I would like to know the meaning of "go" in "the way you are going"
    The punctuation in this passage is all wrong. There is no mark .. You need to decide whether you want to use a period(.) or an ellipsis (...), and arrange the sentence grammatically - or preferably vice versa.
    The red bits are wrong.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

It seems to me that he should be "substituting grilled for fried" rather than the other way around. He could also substitute "fried with grilled."