Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
"Being on the force for fifteen years, commanders have been banched."

I think there ought to have been used "having been on the force for fifteen years" not "beining on the force for 15 years"?

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
"Being on the force for fifteen years, commanders have been banched."

I think there ought to have been used "having been on the force for fifteen years" not "beining on the force for 15 years"?

Is this the full sentence? Is there perhaps 'After' before 'being'?

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Is this the full sentence? Is there perhaps 'After' before 'being'?

It's part from "The Chicago Code". A couple of things the guy said on that radio show "Being.........15 years,commanders have been banched." "But before making any direct inquiries......"

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
This is another question from you where you don't give full context, ostap. That's not cool. You're not new here.

After I googled your question, I found this:

Bidwell: You wanted to know the name of that anonymous caller?
Colvin: You have it?
Bidwell: Well, I got it narrowed down. A couple of things the guy said on that radio show. Been on the force for fifteen years, commanders have been benched...but before I make any direct enquiries, may I make a suggestion?
He's listing what the caller said that can be used to identify him/her. The sentence is a list.

He said that he has been on the force for 15 years, he said that commanders have been benched, etc.

Please make an effort to provide full context in your questions and not make people answering you do research.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
This is another question from you where you don't give full context, ostap. That's not cool. You're not new here.

After I googled your question, I found this:

He's listing what the caller said that can be used to identify him/her. The sentence is a list.

He said that he has been on the force for 15 years, he said that commanders have been benched, etc.

Please make an effort to provide full context in your questions and not make people answering you do research.

Sorry. Without your help I wouldn't have guessed. It just sounded as "Being......" Oops!

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Sorry. Without your help I wouldn't have guessed. It just sounded as "Being......" Oops!

That's why you need to provide as much context as possible.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
That's why you need to provide as much context as possible.

Why would someone write parts of the scripts on the website you've provided? Is it because some people couldn't understand it?

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Why would someone write parts of the scripts on the website you've provided? Is it because some people couldn't understand it?

No.

They're quotes. Important parts of the dialogue or just something people like(d).

Status
Not open for further replies.