Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Is "I don't mind at all" "I don't care about my shortcoming" or "what you say"? What does it exactly mean?

ex)Clients send a steady stream of clues and messages through their facial expression, body movement, and voice pitch. Counselors need to learn how to read these messages without distorting or overinterpreting them in order to establish and maintain relationships with their clients. For instance, when Denise says to Jennie, "It seems that it's hard for you to talk about yourself," Jennie says, "No, I don't mind at all." But the real answer is probably in her nonverbal behavior.

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Is "I don't mind at all" "I don't care about my shortcoming" or "what you say"? What does it exactly mean?

ex)Clients send a steady stream of clues and messages through their facial expression, body movement, and voice pitch. Counselors need to learn how to read these messages without distorting or overinterpreting them in order to establish and maintain relationships with their clients. For instance, when Denise says to Jennie, "It seems that it's hard for you to talk about yourself," Jennie says, "No, I don't mind at all." But the real answer is probably in her nonverbal behavior.

It seems that it's hard for you to talk about yourself.
No, I don't mind talking about myself at all. (i.e. it's not hard)

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/american/mind_29

not mind doing something

to be happy or willing to do something

I don’t mind going if no one else wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.