Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hello there,

I'm back to ask you guys more questions on how to use these words. If any of my examples is written incorrectly, please help me understand when or what situation in particular those words should be used.

Well, here they are:

1. forging:

- A red shirt which that guy is wearing seems fimilair to me. Oh, I remember it now. It is the similar style that I saw on Brooks Brothers catalog. it seems that a manufacture of that red shirt forged the style of Brooks Brothers shirts.

Does it have the same meaning as:

- A red shirt which that guy is wearing seems fimilair to me. Oh, I remember it now. It is the similar style that I saw on Brooks Brothers catalog. it seems that a manufacture of that red shirt copied/inspired the style of Brooks Brothers shirts.

2. empirical

- it was empirical that singing karaoke can help reducing the stress which ultimately decrease the risk of getting cancer.

- Based on an actual study, singing karaoke can help reducing the stress which ultimately decrease the risk of getting cancer.

3. Paradox

- I have good news for you. You can become a millionaire today. The paradox is you have to run around the Central Park completely naked for five minutes.

- I have good news for you. You can become a millionaire today. The catch is you have to run around the Central Park completely naked for five minutes.

4. Neuroticism

- Because of her upbringing in an abusive family, she has developed neuroticism personality and it concerns many of her love ones.

- Because of her upbringing in an abusive family, she has developed personality disorder and it concerns many of her love ones.

5. "here is always first time for everybody." I have heard of this sentence before, but I don't remember exactly how it was constructed. Therefore, I wonder if I say this sentence correctly?

Last edited:

kiwi man

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Re: The usage of vocaburary - part 3

Anybody out there?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: The usage of vocaburary - part 3

Yes, we are out here, but our time is limited and you've asked a lot of questions all at once.

You would get quicker replies if you asked about one word at a time, putting that word in your thread title.

Note the spelling of vocabulary.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.