Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
You rented a car from Car Rental Company. The air conditioner has stopped working. You phoned the company a week ago but it has still not been repaired.
Write a letter to the company. In your letter
-Introduce yourself
-explain the situation
-say what action you would like the company to take

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to complain about the air conditioner has stopped functioning in the car.
My name is Rahul, live in "Green Apartments", Sydney. A month ago, I rented a car from your company. The car model is SX4 with air conditioner.
Initially, I do not have any problems with car which was in good condition. Since this is summer season, we need air conditioner to reduce the body temperature. A week ago, when I switched on the air conditioner I noticed that it is not functioning. So, I called and spoke to one of your company representative and explained the problem about the air conditioner. So far, action has not been taken.

I would request you to take the appropriate action on this matter. Otherwise, I will return the car without paying the rent.

I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,
Rahul

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
You rented a car from Car Rental Company. The air conditioner has stopped working. You phoned the company a week ago but it has still not been repaired.
Write a letter to the company. In your letter
-Introduce yourself
-explain the situation
-say what action you would like the company to take

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to complain about the air conditioner has stopped functioning in the car.
My name is Rahul, live in "Green Apartments", Sydney. A month ago, I rented a car from your company. The car model is SX4 with air conditioner.
Initially, I do not have any problems with car which was in good condition. Since this is summer season, we need air conditioner to reduce the body temperature. A week ago, when I switched on the air conditioner I noticed that it is not functioning. So, I called and spoke to one of your company representative and explained the problem about the air conditioner. So far, action has not been taken.

I would request you to take the appropriate action on this matter. Otherwise, I will return the car without paying the rent.

I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,
Rahul
Have you submitted it to your teacher yet?

mgn_v

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The letter is IELTS writing task 1. I am appearing for IELTS exam. I do not have any teacher to correct the letter. That is the reason, i'm requesting your help to correct my mistakes. I would be grateful to you for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.