how to make the words u say more appearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxh263590

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
Hi, sorry for my poor english here
i got a little problem here.
i have been learning english for really a long time and from time to time i talk to those English-speaking guys here. however, it sounds really weird when i composite a sentence and let it out because real english-speakers will never say some in the way as i do...
i have kept those phrases and some idoms i came across in a notebook but when it comes to putting them in practice , these stuff are all gone...

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi, sorry for my poor english here
i got a little problem here.
i have been learning english for really a long time and from time to time i talk to those English-speaking guys here. however, it sounds really weird when i composite a sentence and let it out because real english-speakers will never say some in the way as i do...
i have kept those phrases and some idoms i came across in a notebook but when it comes to putting them in practice , these stuff are all gone...
That sounds very normal to me. The important thing is to be able to make yourself understood. Further practice with native speakers will make your language more colloquial.
Also, watch UK TV, and read English dialogues.

PS, When you're writing, try to capitalise 'I'.

Mr_Ben

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Switzerland
Hi cxh, welcome to the forum!

I think your English is just fine, in fact you use some really nice and appropriate expressions like "from time to time" and "it sounds really weird." But please remember to use captial letters at the start of your sentences and especially when you type "I." Also, please type out the word "you" instead of "u" like you have in the title.

To answer your question, you just need to listen to more English and practice more English. I's very difficult to remember a phrase after only writing it in a notebook, you have to use it. Try reading and posting in some of the threads in the General Members Discussion section and it will be good practice.

Writing uses the same "brain muscles" as speaking but you have more time to think and change what you say. It's excellent practice and will help you learn vocabulary and expressions. Try to write at least one thing every day.

cxh263590

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
Hi cxh, welcome to the forum!

I think your English is just fine, in fact you use some really nice and appropriate expressions like "from time to time" and "it sounds really weird." But please remember to use captial letters at the start of your sentences and especially when you type "I." Also, please type out the word "you" instead of "u" like you have in the title.

To answer your question, you just need to listen to more English and practice more English. I's very difficult to remember a phrase after only writing it in a notebook, you have to use it. Try reading and posting in some of the threads in the and it will be good practice.

Writing uses the same "brain muscles" as speaking but you have more time to think and change what you say. It's excellent practice and will help you learn vocabulary and expressions. Try to write at least one thing every day.

Hi,I think i've fully understand what you mean here..
Just a bit problem with what you have told me that I'd better put it down some words every day . So, any idea with the starting point? I dont think things like a dairy will work. because all I could think and might put in use are all those basic vocabulary ,phrases.
besides, I know english listening is a good way to have my brain being in an so-called english environment and I have tried to listen to CNN and BBC broadcasting programme ,hoping that I could pick up abit of the spoken english as i tend to tune in those programme with servral people discussing on a topic ,basicly, informal one. But the moment the sparking point just turning up, I cant catch it and it just slipped away. So how can I keep track of the meaning while working on those sparking spots as I mentioned?
Thank you in advance..
whw..long words...:)

cxh263590

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
That sounds very normal to me. The important thing is to be able to make yourself understood. Further practice with native speakers will make your language more colloquial.
Also, watch UK TV, and read English dialogues.

PS, When you're writing, try to capitalise 'I'.
Hi, I have tried to watch :THE SIMPSONS:
And I think the plot and the dialuoge in there are so fabulas. i've even tried to recite some of the line they guys were saying. Any advice with that? Or you got a better idea as to another more appropriate show that is suitable for newbies?

thank

Mr_Ben

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Switzerland
Hi,I think i've fully understand what you mean here..
Just a bit problem with what you have told me that I'd better put it down some words every day . So, any idea with the starting point? I dont think things like a dairy will work. because all I could think and might put in use are all those basic vocabulary ,phrases.
besides, I know english listening is a good way to have my brain being in an so-called english environment and I have tried to listen to CNN and BBC broadcasting programme ,hoping that I could pick up abit of the spoken english as i tend to tune in those programme with servral people discussing on a topic ,basicly, informal one. But the moment the sparking point just turning up, I cant catch it and it just slipped away. So how can I keep track of the meaning while working on those sparking spots as I mentioned?
Thank you in advance..
whw..long words...:)

This is great! This is exactly what will help your speaking. I think web forums are a great place to find interesting topics to write about. As I mentioned in my previous post, the General Members Discussions forum is a good place for discussing all kinds of things. Another good forum for learners is at English Club, especially their interest forums and world forums. Or you can try the BBC Learning English message board. Maybe you'd prefer to talk with native speakers, then try some of these forums for expatriates in China (I've never visited these forums, I just did a quick google search):
Basically, there are thousands of people waiting to have a conversation with you on the internet, you just have to find them and I'm sure you'll have plenty to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.