Results 1 to 6 of 6
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,189
    #1

    Cool FOr, to and from

    Hello!

    Is the use of these prepositions correct in this case, please?

    - Our supplier asked for a delivery for next week.

    -The delivery date to our customer is planned for next Tuesday.

    -We always order these parts from our Portuguese supplier.

    Thank you
    Will

  1. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,627
    #2

    Re: FOr, to and from

    Quote Originally Posted by Will17 View Post
    Hello!

    Is the use of these prepositions correct in this case, please?

    - Our supplier asked for a delivery for next week.

    -The delivery date to our customer is planned for next Tuesday.

    -We always order these parts from our Portuguese supplier.

    Thank you
    Will
    Why would your supplier want a delivery from you? The second one is a bit clunky and not very natural. The last one is OK,

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,189
    #3

    Cool Re: FOr, to and from

    Sorry, I'm a little absent-minded!

    I meant:
    - Our customer asked for a delivery for next week.

    Is this one ok? :

    The delivery date to our customer is planned for next Tuesday.

    Thank you
    Will

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,627
    #4

    Re: FOr, to and from

    Quote Originally Posted by Will17 View Post
    Sorry, I'm a little absent-minded!

    I meant:
    - Our customer asked for a delivery for next week.

    Is this one ok? :

    The delivery date to our customer is planned for next Tuesday.

    Thank you
    Will
    The second "for" is not necessary.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,189
    #5

    Re: FOr, to and from

    Thank you Bhai.

    What about this one, please:


    The delivery date to our customer is planned for next Tuesday.

    Thank you
    Will

  3. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,627
    #6

    Re: FOr, to and from

    Quote Originally Posted by Will17 View Post
    Thank you Bhai.

    What about this one, please:


    The delivery date to our customer is planned for next Tuesday.

    Thank you
    Will
    I would say "We plan to deliver (to our customer) next Tuesday".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •