One more question (How to formulate english question?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAlilBit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
I have one more problem, I don't know how to formulate english question correctly maybe somebody can help me?
By the way if I made the mistakes please correct me =)

Thank you everyone who helped me :)

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Post some examples.

JustAlilBit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
So, I don't know how to correctly ask english question :) I don't know how to formulate english question. Does anyone understand what I requesting?

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Does anyone understand what I am requesting?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
So, I don't know how to correctly ask english question :) I don't know how to formulate english question. Does anyone understand what I requesting?
Yes, you are asking for someone to write several grammar book chapters on how to formulate English questions, explaining all the possible uses of the 'wh' words; when to invert, how to construct negative, passive forms, how to use modal verbs and auxiliaries in questions ... etc.
In other words, you haven't read the available material yet, and haven't learnt how to formulate a simple specific question that someone here can answer with less than two months work.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
This is an English question: "Does anyone understand what I am requesting?" (Courtesy of SoothingDave)

nyota

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Australia
In other words, you haven't read the available material yet, and haven't learnt how to formulate a simple specific question that someone here can answer with less than two months work.

:-D

In other words JustAlilBit, if you want any help earlier than those two months, try to form a couple of questions yourself, preferably the type you think you might have a problem with, post them here, and somebody will correct them for you or help you understand where you're going wrong.

JustAlilBit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
I don't have time to write everything here I just looking for who could help me :) I think that everything will be well just need more time learn english :))) Now especially learning news english words, when i will understand everything may i can learn easly grammar :)

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
:-D

In other words JustAlilBit, if you want any help earlier than those two months, try to form a couple of questions yourself, preferably the type you think you might have a problem with, post them here, and somebody will correct them for you or help you understand where you're going wrong.
Actually, I meant that it would take two months for a replier to write the necessary chapters that he seems to be asking for, not that JustAlilBit needs to study for two months first. :-D
But I hope that he is slowly getting the basic message.

nyota

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Australia
Actually, I meant that it would take two months for a replier to write the necessary chapters that he seems to be asking for, not that JustAlilBit needs to study for two months first. :-D

Yep, I got that. ;-) I just suggested jokingly that while we're working on the chapters-length reply for two months, JustAlilBit might want to come up with specific examples to get quicker answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.