Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi,

I am attending an EFL exam and I need to ask the examiners for a note which is proof of my having attended the exam. I'd like to ask for it in English :)up:), but I'm not sure how to do it.

I've done some research, and 'certificate of attendance' seems to certify not just attendance to an exam, but to a whole course. Am I right? If so, how would you call the thing I want to get?

And while I'm at it...

how does 'call-roll' collocate? The teacher does the call-roll or the teacher calls roll?
And if I do not attend a lesson, what do I have: a miss or a fault or a tardy?
And if you bring a sick note to the teacher, do you say justify a fault/miss/tardy?

Thank you

riquecohen

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Brazil
Hi,

I am attending an EFL exam and I need to ask the examiners for a note which is proof of my having attended the exam. I'd like to ask for it in English :)up:), but I'm not sure how to do it.
I've done some research, and 'certificate of attendance' seems to certify not just attendance to an exam, but to a whole course. Am I right? I think so. "Certificate of Attendance" also seems very formal. If so, how would you call the thing I want to get? Why not just ask for a note "attesting to" your presence at the exam?

And while I'm at it...

how does 'call-roll' collocate? The teacher does the call-roll or the teacher calls roll? The teacher calls the roll.
And if I do not attend a lesson, what do I have: a miss or a fault or a tardy? An absence.
And if you bring a sick note to the teacher, do you say justify a fault/miss/tardy?
I would say "to explain an absence."
Thank you
Henry
PS- the correct preposition is "at." Attendance at an exam.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Ask them to confirm that you attended the exam.

ophiuchus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Ask them to confirm that you attended the exam.
OP: Can you confirm that I attended this exam.
Invigilator: Yes, you did.

I think the OP still needs to ask for some form of certificate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.