[Suggestion] Online Voice Recorder is very useful, can we have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngFan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Quechua
Home Country
Qatar
Current Location
Argentina
Dear Web developers and Moderators,

I think the online voice recorder is very useful, especially in the "Pronunciation and Phonetics" forum, I was wondering if we could have the same in this discussion forum, it helps learners and teachers to express and explain the english pronunciations....:-D

EngFan

Step_003.gif

Step_004.gif

Step_005.gif

Step_006.gif

lokeshlnt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Very good idea.....

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It sounds interesting, but I would restrict its use to relevant areas. Let's see what the webmaster has to say on the feasibility.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Wonderful idea.

SirGod

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
I couldn't find the vBulletin version. There's the phpBB version in your screenshots. I don't think that it would be very hard to implement and configure, but it will certainly use a lot of disk space and bandwidth. Just imagine it, if a one minute recording is about 1024kb (fictional, I don't have any details about the output format, bit rate etc.), and there are recorded 10 messages per day, this will take up 10MB from the disk space, in only one day. In a month, about 300MB. And let's be serious, there will be more than 10 messages per day. I don't say that this is a bad idea, it is great, but it has its disadvantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.