Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Could anyone help me with this passage. Many thanks in advance.
An increasing number of people are now going on holiday to Egypt. Last year, for example, about one and a half million tourists visited Egypt. The population of Egypt is about fifty million and the capital is El Qahira (Cairo), a busy city of just under nine million people. Although the (1) ______is hot and dry and most of the country is desert, the average (2) _____from October to March is not too high. The most (3)_______sights are pyramids at Giza. However, it is also pleasant to (4) _____Alexandria, Port Said and several other places and do as much (5) ______as possible in the time available. A (6) ______Luxor is an unforgettable experience, and there are frequent (7) _________ there from Cairo.
1. A. climate B. temperature C. condition D. position
2. A. weather B. measure C. climate D. temperature
3. A. famous B. known C. visited D. asked
4. A. search B. require C. examine D. visit
5. A. viewing B. seeing C. sightseeing D. looking
6. A. picnic B. trip C. guide D. entertainment
7. A. flights B. travels C. journeys D. trips.

Here are my options: 1. A. climate; 2. D. temperature; 3. A. famous ; 4. D. visit; 5. C. sightseeing; 6. B. trip; 7. flights.
I am quite sure about options from 1 to 5. However, I am not quite certain about my options for 6 & 7 . I opt "flights" for option 7 because of the words "frequently", we can't say "journeys or trips" here. Could you get me out?:?:

bwkcaj_ca

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Your answers 1 to 5 and 7 are correct. You may not be able to answer
6 correctly unless you add a prepostion before 'Luxor.'

I leave it to you to find the correct preposition.

fire fly

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, bwkcaj ca!

You are right! My mistake.A (6) ________ to Luxor. Therefore, is "trip" correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.