Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Is authoratative edition an influential one as the word "authority" indicates or the book published by her own name? She defintely earned fame and publshed so many poems, but why didn't she have any influential book?

Nobody's answering me...

ex)Today every major anthology of nineteenth-century poetry includes examples of the work that Christina Rossetti produced during her long literary career. .....By the time of her death in 1894, Christina had written more than eleven hundred poems and had published over nine hundred of them. Although this work has earned her recognition as the greatest woman poet of the Victorian Age,there is still no authoratative edition of her poetry.

Last edited:

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Is authoratative edition an influential one as the word "authority" indicates or the book published by her own name? She defintely earned fame and publshed so many poems, but why didn't she have any influential book?

Nobody's answering me...

ex)Today every major anthology of nineteenth-century poetry includes examples of the work that Christina Rossetti produced during her long literary career. .....By the time of her death in 1894, Christina had written more than eleven hundred poems and had published over nine hundred of them. Although this work has earned her recognition as the greatest woman poet of the Victorian Age,there is still no authoratative edition of her poetry.

Nobody's answering

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
authoritative - that you can trust as true and correct. (ALD)

An influential book may not be authoritative.

Keannu, when you express your frustration at a lack of answers, some people may be deterred from answering. People who answer questions do so voluntarily, in their own free time. We don't expect gratitude when we do what we enjoy doing, but we get iritated if people expect answers quickly.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
authoritative - that you can trust as true and correct. (ALD)

An influential book may not be authoritative.

Keannu, when you express your frustration at a lack of answers, some people may be deterred from answering. People who answer questions do so voluntarily, in their own free time. We don't expect gratitude when we do what we enjoy doing, but we get iritated if people expect answers quickly.

Sorry, I got it. I won't be pushy any more. I should have been more prudent. I'm always grateful for your help and I had to explain the answer for this post to someone, but I will be more restrained.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Many editions have mistakes, are incomplete, etc, and poets often revise their work, so compiling an authoritative edition can be a tricky task.

Status
Not open for further replies.