Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Basically there is summit where all doctors will be called in, the company will launch the drug

I am just thinking a name of the summit

SHINE

Showcasing the Heart of Innovation & Excellence

can there be any alternate word for 'H', rather than heart what can I use?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
[STRIKE]c[/STRIKE] Can there be any alternate word for 'H', rather than heart, [STRIKE]what[/STRIKE] that/which [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] I can use?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Basically there is summit where all doctors will be called in, the company will launch the drug

I am just thinking a name of the summit

SHINE

Showcasing the Heart of Innovation & Excellence

can there be any alternate word for 'H', rather than heart what can I use?
What's the drug for? Has "shine" any connotations associated with it? Is it a Heart drug? Does it have to be 'Shine"?
H also stands for health, hernia, hemorrhoids, hemorrhage, hirsuitism, hyper-this and hypo-that ...
The conference name should reflect the purpose of the drug, to give doctors some reason to remember it and prescribe your drug. For example, "Shine" might not be the best name for a skin cancer conference.

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
What's the drug for? Has "shine" any connotations associated with it? Is it a Heart drug? Does it have to be 'Shine"?
H also stands for health, hernia, hemorrhoids, hemorrhage, hirsuitism, hyper-this and hypo-that ...
The conference name should reflect the purpose of the drug, to give doctors some reason to remember it and prescribe your drug. For example, "Shine" might not be the best name for a skin cancer conference.

If I explain you in detail, it would be medical terminology that you might unable to understand. But still I will try to explain it in plain language.

It's a drug that is administrated to heart patients, basically for people who are on dialysis or who are going for a heart transplant.

In dialysis people have to take injections; thrice or twice a week but in case of this drug(it's also an injection) you have to take it once a week.

In case of heart transplant, you can postpone your heart transplant for sometime may be to six months to a year.

In conclusion, this drug is a great research by scientist at Dr. Reddy's lab.
Now they are planing to do a seminar across all cities, where they will call in all doctors and tell them about it.

that's why I thought to name the seminar as
SHINE
Showcasing Heights of Innovation & Research

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Why I can not use 'What' ?
You need the standard relative pronoun 'that' or 'which'. 'What' has the idea of 'that which':

What you need is another word.
If I explain to you in detail, it would be medical terminology that you might unable to understand.
I think you will find that Raymott understands medical terminology as well as any doctor.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
If I explain you in detail, it would be medical terminology that you might unable to understand.
Unlikely. I was a medical practitioner for 23 years.

But still I will try to explain it in plain language.
OK, I also understand lay language. I'm bilingual in that regard. :)

It's a drug that is administrated to heart patients, basically for people who are on dialysis or who are going for a heart transplant.
OK.

In dialysis people have to take injections; thrice or twice a week but in case of this drug(it's also an injection) you have to take it once a week.
Oh that's handy.

In case of heart transplant, you can postpone your heart transplant for sometime may be to six months to a year.
Useful!

In conclusion, this drug is a great research by scientist at Dr. Reddy's lab.
Now they are planing to do a seminar across all cities, where they will call in all doctors and tell them about it.

that's why I thought to name the seminar as
SHINE
Showcasing Heights of Innovation & Research
H also stands for Hope. If I was feeling cheeky, I might also suggest Hype. (I've become rather skeptical about the Pharma industry since I left medicine!)

Is it about this drug:
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/article2051746.ece?css=print
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/article2051413.ece

"A polypill being developed ...
The once-a-day polypill contains aspirin and agents to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. When contacted Dr Reddy's spokesperson declined to comment on the development “at this stage”.

I don't understand why he doesn't want to talk to the press! Unless it is only a combination of aspirin and an ACE inhibitor and a statin, for example. But you say it's an injection, so I might have the wrong product.

I can't identify the drug on Dr Reddy's homepage: http://www.drreddys.com/products/products_services.html Is it still under wraps?

Last edited:

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
H also stands for Hope. If I was feeling cheeky, I might also suggest Hype. (I've become rather skeptical about the Pharma industry since I left medicine!)

Is it about this drug:
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/article2051746.ece?css=print
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/article2051413.ece

"A polypill being developed ...
The once-a-day polypill contains aspirin and agents to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. When contacted Dr Reddy's spokesperson declined to comment on the development “at this stage”.

I don't understand why he doesn't want to talk to the press! Unless it is only a combination of aspirin and an ACE inhibitor and a statin, for example. But you say it's an injection, so I might have the wrong product.

I can't identify the drug on Dr Reddy's homepage: http://www.drreddys.com/products/products_services.html Is it still under wraps?

Great So I got someone who will understand what exactly I want.

We are conducting CME, for that we need to coin a term

you can visit the link: Cresp in Brief

It is a drug to increase red cell or Hg

I am playing with word RED Kindly suggest me full form that goes well:
RED acronym of
Reflection of Effective Development
Regale of Effective Development
Research Evaluation & Development
Rare & Efficient Development
Rare Evolution & Development
Reliable, Esteemed & Dependable

other names that come to mind was

Based on color:
Operation Red
Mission Red
Red Act

Red Fusion
Red Hope

Based on union of three molecules:
Confluence
Convergence

Thanks

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Great So I got someone who will understand what exactly I want.

We are conducting CME, for that we need to coin a term

you can visit the link: Cresp in Brief
Why not consider "Cresp in Brief" as the name for your conference?

It is a drug to increase red cell or Hg
Yes, it's a generic form of Darbepoetin, which has been produced in the US for 10 years; it's a synthetic form of erythropoetin (EPO), which some sports people know as the drug they inject themself with to increase their blood cells so they can store extra oxygen, esp. at high altitudes. Maybe you'll get quite a few off-label customers as well!

What I don't understand is the need to call the conference SHINE, if the you're calling your drug CRESP, and there's really no "shine" imagery in a red blood cell enhancer. (By Hg, do you mean hemoglobin? Hg is Mercury. Hemoglobin is Hb - it's written correctly in your slide presentation.)

I am playing with word RED Kindly suggest me full form that goes well:
RED acronym of
Reflection of Effective Development
Regale of Effective Development
Research Evaluation & Development
Rare & Efficient Development
Rare Evolution & Development
Reliable, Esteemed & Dependable
Yes, but it's a generic that you're now producing because it's off patent in the US isn't it? It's not something that Dr Reddy researched and developed if I've read the links correctly.

other names that come to mind was

Based on color:
Operation Red
Mission Red
Red Act
Too dramatic for a drug for chronicly ill patients. I'd save that for when you're trying to sell a new defibrillator.

Red Fusion
Red Hope
Better, I think. Was it financed by Chinese money? :-D
Oh yes ("Darbepoetin is produced by recombinant DNA technology in modified Chinese hamster ovary cells.") Fair enough.

Based on union of three molecules:
Confluence
Convergence
Here's Wikipedia's page on Darbepoetin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darbepoetin_alfa

They give it's formula as
C815H1317N233O241S5​

That's one molecule, I think. So, that's what's confusing me, and why I was looking for a drug with several components, so didn't find Cresp.

Thanks
Why not play with CRESP words? Why not simply "the CRESP conference"? C(ellular) RESP(iration), which is what Hb does, and what your drug enhancers. Is that the derivation of the word?
Anyhow, you know what your local doctors react to. I'd guess that if it's a CME conference, they're just going there for the mandatory points, and they won't care what you call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.