• Start date
  • Views : 173,288
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwel

Member Type
English Teacher
Re: I don't know how to lear english.

I'd like to say I am Chinese. In face, I am a Chinese is also ok. To much information makes people confused

HaraKiriBlade

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea

Of course, in spoken English, anything comprehensible goes.

tomboy186

Member Type
Student or Learner

in my opinion, it is more natural when you say " I'm Chinese". however, in spoken language, say like you it's ok. No problem! feel free to use English in suitable ways.
Cheer.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

In face, I am a Chinese is also ok. To much information makes people confused

I think you meant to say in fact. Also, say too much.

:)

korelidis

Member Type
Student or Learner

Hi every body, i am greek from cyprus. I'm first time here and i don't no how to use this site, i need some help. My English is not very good :-(

blouen

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines

Hi every body, i am greek from cyprus. I'm first time here and i don't no how to use this site, i need some help. My English is not very good :-(

At least you can speak English.;-)
You look around the site, you'll get the hang of it soon.;-)

All the best!

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Comments and suggestions. :)

Hi every body, i am greek from cyprus. I'm first time here and i don't no how to use this site, i need some help. My English is not very good :-(​

Hi everybody! I am Greek from Cyprus. This is my first time here, and I don't know how to use this site. I need some help. My English is not very good. :-(
Browse the site. Look around. Try some quizzes. Ask some questions. Find what interests you. Have fun!

:hi:

texasmk4

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
United States
he's a thief

or

he's the theif???

which one is correct also i would like to know when to use in or on for example what's on your brain? or whats in your mind?? he's on the street or he's in the street?? how to diffrenciate between on, in , at, in. for instance if i say i want to say '' i am at the gym ' should i use at or in??? any help would be appreciated.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:
He's a thief.
What's on your mind?
I'm at the gym.
:)

bluesky38

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have a question about the inversion
If type 2:Can i use Did I ...., instead of using If I...
My teacher told me not to use this sentence. But i've found some information. There was an example:
If i had a lot of money...
Did i have a lot of money

G.MANJU

Member Type
English Teacher
My son is three year old how can I develop his reading & speaking skills in English:?:

tareq10

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
;-) well! I don't think you have a broblem since you know the english letters.
what you should do first is to keep in mind as much as you can of vocabulary, verbs, nouns, adjectives and adverbs. then study the main 5 or 6 tenses which are most used in spoken english. present / past simple,continuous.
then articles

Hendu71

Member Type
Other
Hello
My name is Mehran .I am iranian and i wanna learn english in 6 month.

What can i do.Plz guide me.
Thanks alot

First of all, you must make an absolute commitment and be very serious about it. Doing what you need to do will NOT be fun and can be very embarrassing and frustrating at times.

Speaking from personal experience and knowing many people that have tried this (me included) I don't believe it's possible to speak a foreign language fluently in 6 months unless you are totally immersed in it, and even then it's a rare case. You appear to have the building blocks to survive, and you don't really have to know a lot of phrases to do that. If you still think your building blocks are weak, you should purchase a reputable language training course, and study it intensely - several hours a day, for a couple months.

Once you think you know enough for basic survival, I recommend moving to an exclusively English- speaking country if that is possible. If you must live with other Iranians at all during that time, they should speak to you only in English unless it is translating a word.

All media should be in English. I do NOT recommend subtitles; I think the words should be learned by context, like a child would. Subtitles are there for entertainment value, not to help you learn a language. They have the effect of losing concentration on the actual speaker, since one is concentrating on the text and not the lips and actions. Keep a small notepad with you at all times so you can write down words you don't know for later dictionary look up and recitation.

If you do this, I think you can probably speak and understand English well enough that you don't have to translate in your head constantly within 6 months. Having a dream in a foreign language is a real milestone. You will still likely have a rather thick accent after a year, and somewhat poor grammar. After 2 years, your English should be remarkably good.

Last edited:

amol_

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello
My name is Mehran .I am iranian and i wanna learn english in 6 month.

What can i do.Plz guide me.
Thanks alot
i belive if u want to learn english i 6 months it nice. & u really have enough time . i'd suggest to read news papers , magxines, watch movies, try to speak with others , be confidient while u speks though u r wrong one day such confidence 'ii give u expecting result. best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.