• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Argentina
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

[here's the rub] [there's the rub] [that's the rub]

There's the rub - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    there's the rub
    here is the difficulty You can't get a job unless you have experience. And there's the rub – how do you get experience if you can't get a job?
    Usage notes: also appears as here's the rub and that's the rub: The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.
    The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.
    The factory is ready to go, but there's the rub – there's no market for the products.
    The factory is ready to go, but that's the rub – there's no market for the products.

I see no problem with the first and second sentences. Do you think there are any?
    I think that the third sentence is correct if the "that's the rub" and the "there's no market for the products" are switched. Correct?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: [here's the rub] [there's the rub] [that's the rub]

Quote Originally Posted by sunsunmoon View Post
    There's the rub - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    there's the rub
    here is the difficulty You can't get a job unless you have experience. And there's the rub – how do you get experience if you can't get a job?
    Usage notes: also appears as here's the rub and that's the rub: The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.
    The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.
    The factory is ready to go, but there's the rub – there's no market for the products.
    The factory is ready to go, but that's the rub – there's no market for the products.

I see no problem with the first and second sentences. Do you think there are any?
    I think that the third sentence is correct if the "that's the rub" and the "there's no market for the products" are switched. Correct?
    Agree.