Interested in Language
I would like to know if the following reminder is grammatical?
"While taking antibiotic which is necessary to cure your infection, the antibiotic also kills the normal bacteria in your body and predisposes you to acquire more resistant bacteria.
Therefore, you should enhance personal hygiene by:
- Practise frequent hand hygiene.
- Eat or drink only thoroughly cooked or boiled items.
- Disinfect and cover all wounds.
- Wear mask if you have respiratory infection symptoms.
- Young children with symptoms of infection should minimize contact with other children."
One more doubt remains. Is the first complex sentence "While taking..., the antibiotic..." a dangling one?
Plain English in Written Business Communication and scroll down to 2.4.3 Clarity; bottom line - when giving safety instructions [about doing something] use plain words and concrete nouns.)