Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#44404]The coach is asking a boxer to join his boxing gym saying "All due respect". Is it "enough income" or "good treatment"?[/FONT]

g.h
[FONT=&#44404]boxing coach- I want you to come to my training camp in florida,
[/FONT][FONT=&#44404]work with my guys, real trainers. [/FONT][FONT=&#44404]All due respect. [/FONT][FONT=&#44404]Take you along slow, steadily,

[/FONT]

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[FONT=&#44404]The coach is asking a boxer to join his boxing gym saying "All due respect". Is it "enough income" or "good treatment"?[/FONT]

g.h
[FONT=&#44404]boxing coach- I want you to come to my training camp in Florida,[/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]work with my guys, real trainers. [/FONT][FONT=&#44404]All due respect. [/FONT][FONT=&#44404]Take you along slowly, steadily,[/FONT]

The phrase does not seem to be compatable with rest of your statement in the context you presented. "All due respect" means exactly/literally/logically as stated. "With all due respect to your office as president, we can't agree with your position on a tax increase." That is, we respect your position/office as is required, but we don't agree with your policy.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
In your quote, I think it's meant to show respect, but it is a strange sentence and Billmcd's example is how it is normally used.

Status
Not open for further replies.