Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
In the 1970s, if you were the sort of person who did drugs, there was no classier drug
than cocaine. Beloved by rock stars and movie stars, ballplayers and even the occasional
politician, cocaine was a drug of power and panache. It was clean, it was white, it was
pretty. Heroin was droopy and pot was foggy but cocaine provided a beautiful high.
Foggy has a few meanings:
fog‧gy / ˈfɒɡi $ ˈːɡi, ˈːɡi / adjective
1 if the weather is foggy, there is fog : a foggy day in November
driving in foggy conditions

2 not have the foggiest (idea) spoken to not know at all : None of us had the foggiest idea about how to put the tent up.

3 if your mind is foggy, you cannot think or remember things clearly

Which one applies here? I don't think one really applies, unless pot creates a "foggy" atmosphere for the user?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Foggy has a few meanings:Which one applies here? I don't think one really applies, unless pot creates a "foggy" atmosphere for the user?

I would say that they either mean that the smoke from joints created a foggy atmosphere (smoke in the room) or that it made people's minds foggy. It's not clear to me which one it is.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Heroin was droopy and pot was foggy but cocaine provided a beautiful high.
I would have thought that understanding how heroin was droopy would be more difficult that understanding how pot was foggy.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I would have thought that understanding how heroin was droopy would be more difficult that understanding how pot was foggy.
Heroin is "droopy" because, in common with other opiates, it makes the user content to just lie around living in an internal dream world.

Status
Not open for further replies.