Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
A guy walks up to the dish of cookies and says that he could totally not eat it. He takes one cookie, eats it and walkes back. While walking back, probably feels like having more cookies, he goes like "I'm totally radared back there." What does it exactly mean?

Last edited:

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
A guy walks up to the dish of cookies and says that he could totally not eat it. He takes one cookie, eats it and walkes. While walking back, probably feels like having more cookies, he goes like "I'm totally radared back there." What does it exactly mean?

My sympathy, and on behalf of English teachers everywhere my apologies to persons, I suspect like you, trying to understand current jargon and expressions such as that which you posted. Frankly, I have never seen the term "radared" and I'm sure that few, if any, English dictionaries even list the term. I can only guess that, in the context you presented, it means that he appears on the cookie's radar (I can't believe I'm trying to define this :roll: ) and is being drawn closer and closer to get another cookie.

I should also mention the current use/misuse of the term "totally" which has apparently replaced (most often unnecessarily) a variety of perfectly good terms such as completely/definitely/very- and the list goes on.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
My sympathy, and on behalf of English teachers everywhere my apologies to persons, I suspect like you, trying to understand current jargon and expressions such as that which you posted. Frankly, I have never seen the term "radared" and I'm sure that few, if any, English dictionaries even list the term. I can only guess that, in the context you presented, it means that he appears on the cookie's radar (I can't believe I'm trying to define this :roll: ) and is being drawn closer and closer to get another cookie.

I should also mention the current use/misuse of the term "totally" which has apparently replaced (most often unnecessarily) a variety of perfectly good terms such as completely/definitely/very- and the list goes on.

Would it make sense to say "I'm radared to the dinner table" since there are a lot of dishes served up?

I'm completly lost trying to figure out the meaning of "You are totally radared motherfucker." Any ideas?

Last edited:

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Would it make sense to say "I'm radared to the dinner table" since there are a lot of dishes served up?

I'm completly lost trying to figure out the meaning of "You are totally radared motherfucker." Any ideas?

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead------- or behind!

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

This is complete nonsense and should be understood as such. In other words, this is rubbish and not worth trying to understand.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
This is complete nonsense and should be understood as such. In other words, this is rubbish and not worth trying to understand.
Here's to Bhaisahab

You're getting an "F-" for being patient and tolerant. On your side of the pond folks say a lot of things that are far from standard English and make an average non-native speaker going nuts. When I hear things I need to understand them not just "Oh. It's non-standard. I'll pay it no mind." I do believe that on this forum we talk about all the aspects of the English language and everyone is welcome to come up with any question one might have.

I didn't come up with it. Hop on a transatlantic flight and talk to Louis C.K. He is a famous American comediant and tell him how outrageous this is!

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Here's to Bhaisahab

You're getting an "F-" for being patient and tolerant!
It's complete nonsense to me, too; it seems that it is to billmcd, an American. Do we get an F- in patience and tolerance as well?

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
It's complete nonsense to me, too; it seems that it is to billmcd, an American. Do we get an F- in patience and tolerance as well?

One's getting expeled from school. :up:

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine

No it's about Bhaisahab. What I wanted was a word of advice. Not just "outrageous"!

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Two things.

We are volunteers. We answer questions to the best of our ability. To chastise people who do not answer as you wish is insulting and disrespectful of the time our volunteers put in here, doing their best. Your phrase is utterly incomprehensible to any of us. Try Urban Dictionary.

I would appreciate if you did NOT spell out words as deeply offensive as the M-F word you quoted. Please make use of asterisks or -- as needed to not subject us to filth.

Thank you.

Okay, three things. I've never heard of that comedian, and if that's a sample of his humor, I'm glad I haven't.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Two things.

We are volunteers. We answer questions to the best of our ability. To chastise people who do not answer as you wish is insulting and disrespectful of the time our volunteers put in here, doing their best. Your phrase is utterly incomprehensible to any of us. Try Urban Dictionary.

I would appreciate if you did NOT spell out words as deeply offensive as the M-F word you quoted. Please make use of asterisks or -- as needed to not subject us to filth.

Thank you.

Okay, three things. I've never heard of that comedian, and if that's a sample of his humor, I'm glad I haven't.

Get on line guys!!!!!! You are going to discover the whole new world!!!!

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Get on line guys!!!!!! You are going to discover [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] a whole new world!!!!
Try "Get onto YouTube, guys!"
Telling someone to get online during an online argument isn't too bright. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.