• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Belgium
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Cool tease

Hi,

What does the term "She's a tease" mean?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: tease

Probably (depending on context it's possible to mean something else), it means she suggests, through her words or her actions, she will have sex with you (or at least fool around) but she really will not.

It's possible to have non-sexual connotations. I talk about my great cookies, tell you I even have some in the car, and you ask for one and I say no, that they're for the school bake sale. You might call me a tease for temping you with my great cookies but not intending to give you any.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Belgium
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Re: tease

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    Probably (depending on context it's possible to mean something else), it means she suggests, through her words or her actions, she will have sex with you (or at least fool around) but she really will not.

It's possible to have non-sexual connotations. I talk about my great cookies, tell you I even have some in the car, and you ask for one and I say no, that they're for the school bake sale. You might call me a tease for temping you with my great cookies but not intending to give you any.
    thanks,