• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

In answering...

Please make the following in bold clear for me.

Who am I? Why am I here? How can I tune in the soft-spoken urgings of the soul to fulfill my life's purpose and to make a difference? In answering these questions to the best of our ability, each of us must step into the role of leader, taking responsibility first for directing our own lives, and then for interacting with other people---at work, at home, and everywhere in between. As we continue to draw on the soul for direction, we will eventually find that other people are turning to us for guidance,...

In the above, I'm having difficulty understanding "in answering" logically in relation to the following sentence. Does it mean "When we answer these questions...?" or "In order for us to answer these questions...?" or "In the process of trying to answer these questions...?"

Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: In answering...

Quote Originally Posted by unpakwon View Post
    Please make the following in bold clear for me.

Who am I? Why am I here? How can I tune in the soft-spoken urgings of the soul to fulfill my life's purpose and to make a difference? In answering these questions to the best of our ability, each of us must step into the role of leader, taking responsibility first for directing our own lives, and then for interacting with other people---at work, at home, and everywhere in between. As we continue to draw on the soul for direction, we will eventually find that other people are turning to us for guidance,...

In the above, I'm having difficulty understanding "in answering" logically in relation to the following sentence. Does it mean "When we answer these questions...?" or "In order for us to answer these questions...?" or "In the process of trying to answer these questions...?"

Thank you.
    Yes, it means all those things, more or less - whatever is most pertinent to the context of the rest of the sentence.