Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
hello ,

Im a british citizen , but I really come from syria, I left london since I was 8 years old so I didnt get to learn the language well.
I grew up and I learned tha basics my self , by reading and watching films .. etc , but I still need lots of work .
my accent is oftenly brithish and I'm happy with that, but the most important thing to me is to find a way to improve my language online, especially that its hard to find this kinda help in my country.

I can read and write well, I like reading poetry in english so much, I also like to translate poems from english to arabic my self, but I still have problems with spelling .

can anyone tell me if there is any way to improve my English so I can understand \ say every thing without using dictionaries ?
is it gonna be helpfull if I had relationships with some English speakers ?
and if so , can any one of you help me personaly ? by contacting onlin , chatting.. etc ?
- it is so embarrassing to ask this way - :oops:

thank you .

Last edited:

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hello,
I want the same thing too, improving my English is my objective, especially the speaking skills, I came across a website aimed practicing the language http://verbling.com/but really I didn't try it, I hope that if anybody know any usefule, safe website to practice our English let share with us.

overreact

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
the link is not working
hope we find what we are looking for symaa :-|

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Sorry, it didn't work because the lik is attached with the word but
Verbling
NB:the chats are conducted via video chat:-?.

I find many websites but I am very confused, I want to know which is the best and the safe one.
All the best

Last edited:

overreact

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
NB:the chats are conducted via video chat:-?.
I see.
isn't there any other websites wich can provide this kinda chatting only by voice or even by writting ?
appreciate it.

happy to here any other opinions.

Mohsen Esfahani

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi overreact,

you are from Syria , living in Suadi and been in England for many years , wonderful ,you had apportunities to develop you English skills , for chatting, ... , It is my pleasure to have voice chat with you.

:up:
Mohsen

Last edited by a moderator:

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
I see.
isn't there any other websites wich can provide this kinda chatting only by voice or even by writting ?
appreciate it.

happy to here any other opinions.
Hello,
Me too want only the audio chat, so, if you find anyone let me know please.
Regards,

awilson

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Spain
You should try and get a skype account. Free and easy to use. That way you can talk to others in your area, country or even international without having to pay. This would also mean that you wouldn't need to chat (voice) through a website.

Andrew

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
You should try and get a skype account. Free and easy to use. That way you can talk to others in your area, country or even international without having to pay. This would also mean that you wouldn't need to chat (voice) through a website.

Andrew
Ok, thank you teacher, but how can I find someone who is serious and interested .
All the best,

overreact

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
^^
same question.

Hi overreact,

you are from Syria , living in Suadi and been in England for many years , wonderful ,you had apportunities to develop you English skills , for chatting, ... , It is my pleasure to have voice chat with you.

:up:
Mohsen

Hi mohsen. so you come frome Iran, thats surprising, my grandmother comes from there =)
I believe you have attached your Email or somthing before it got deleted, n my private messages are not activated, how am I suppose to hand u my Email ? :-?

thanks for all of you .

Last edited:

Hedwig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
Can't you activate your private messages, Overreact? You could write to the webmaster about it or post a message in the support area.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Can't you activate your private messages, Overreact? You could write to the webmaster about it or post a message in the support area.
You need to have posted a certain number of messages before you can send private messages - I think the number is 10.

Hedwig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
You need to have posted a certain number of messages before you can send private messages - I think the number is 10.

Ah, I didn't know that.
Here's another way, Overreact. I don't know if you can, as you're so new, but if Mohsen clicks on your name in any of the above posts, a menu opens where he can choose to send you an email message. In that way you too can begin to be in contact, whithout having to wait, and without making your email address public.

overreact

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Ah, I didn't know that.
Here's another way, Overreact. I don't know if you can, as you're so new, but if Mohsen clicks on your name in any of the above posts, a menu opens where he can choose to send you an email message. In that way you too can begin to be in contact, whithout having to wait, and without making your email address public.
this is so kind of you, Hedwig, Im so gratefull
I hope mohsen got your point, I didnt see this kinda option yet , still need to take a look around =)
thank you buddy.

Last edited:

Mohsen Esfahani

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi overreact,

a cosmopolitan boy , hahaha!!, your grandmother is from Iran , so you know Farsi language too, ok I got the point and send you a message ,my mail and skype ID,

When I registered here I clicked for my mail and skpye not be hiden.

What is overreact you chosen for name.. if someone have an act for you , you have many time react for him... this is what I get from your name... a generous one.

:roll:
Mohsen

overreact

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi overreact,

a cosmopolitan boy , hahaha!!, your grandmother is from Iran , so you know Farsi language too, ok I got the point and send you a message ,my mail and skype ID,

When I registered here I clicked for my mail and skpye not be hiden.

What is overreact you chosen for name.. if someone have an act for you , you have many time react for him... this is what I get from your name... a generous one.

:roll:
Mohsen
actualy I dont speak Farsi, I can only understand some words, besides, I'M A GIRL, I thought I'v mentioned that ;-)
Got your message, I'm a bit on a hurry now, I'l get back soon, do you use hotmail ?

thank you mohsen =)

Last edited:

arunkn09

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Ok, thank you teacher, but how can I find someone who is serious and interested .
All the best,
There are many people who love to help others and many more people who are interested in improving their English and also helping others improve English. "livemocha" is a good site for finding such people. For improving Oral English you can try this site~ "talkenglish" . It's a good site, mainly focuses on Speaking skills. Thanks! Best wishes!! :)

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
There are many people who love to help others and many more people who are interested in improving their English and also helping others improve English. "livemocha" is a good site for finding such people. For improving Oral English you can try this site~ "talkenglish" . It's a good site, mainly focuses on Speaking skills. Thanks! Best wishes!! :)
Thank you so much for your help, did you use any of these websites?
All the best,

arunkn09

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Yes, I have been using livemocha .com for 3 years. It's a good site for meeting many friends who love to help us. The lessons are just basic. There is an option to record our voice which I think is an awesome feature, as we can record ourselves speaking or reading some sentences and you may get reviews from the natives as well as the other friends :) If you have have facebook, then I would like to suggest two 'pages' which provide live English class, which is really helpful to all of us. Go to facebook and search for "LiveEnglishWithLiveMocha" and also for "voalearningenglish". Our site is also awesome!!! :) Best wishes My friend :)

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Yes, I have been using livemocha .com for 3 years. It's a good site for meeting many friends who love to help us. The lessons are just basic. There is an option to record our voice which I think is an awesome feature, as we can record ourselves speaking or reading some sentences and you may get reviews from the natives as well as the other friends :) If you have have facebook, then I would like to suggest two 'pages' which provide live English class, which is really helpful to all of us. Go to facebook and search for "LiveEnglishWithLiveMocha" and also for "voalearningenglish". Our site is also awesome!!! :) Best wishes My friend :)
Okay, thank you so much for the informations and all the best for you too.:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.