Member Type
Other
Native Language
Galician
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Antilles
I recommend her for the position because she would make a great contribution to the company.

Is there any better way to connect these two underlined ideas in one sentence?

One is that i recommend her and the other one is the reason for recommending her.

Thank you.

minnieuk

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
I recommend her for the position because she would make a great contribution to the company.

Is there any better way to connect these two underlined ideas in one sentence?

One is that i recommend her and the other one is the reason for recommending her.

Thank you.

What you've written is fine. If you want something a bit more enthusiastic you could try:

I think X would make a great contribution to your company and I have no hesitation in recommending her for the position.

or

I have no hesitation in recommending her for the position as I am sure she will make a great contribution to your company.

CAE2

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
An alternative to providing an explicit recommendation is to provide an implicit recommendation.
For instance, the sentence “I am confident that she would be a strong asset to the company” conveys the same idea implicitly. You do not have to state that you recommend her; rather the fact that you speak highly of her implies your recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.