Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
It might refer to the interesting meal in front of you, but probably not. How about some more context?

TomUK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
UK
Not a teacher

This is just a wild guess what you might want to ask:

For example, I could say to you: "You don't have the guts to stand up to your boss." This means: "You don't have the courage to stand up to your boss". Here 'guts' is used as an expression for 'courage'.

Regarding "nuts":

(Turning into an angry American): "If you don't ask questions with more context, I am gonna bust your nuts!" - (Back to friendly German) Here 'nuts' is a slang expression for a man's testicles rather than a reference to the kind of food a squirrel might collect for the winter. Obviously, if you are a female woman of the opposite sex it would not make sense to say this to you.

If you have an English/English dictionary at hand I suggest you look these words up. If you are still none the wiser maybe you could write some example sentences where you have read these words. I am sure somebody will then be able to give you a better explanation.

TomUK

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It could mean that someone is either very courageous ("guts") or is crazy ("nuts").

Status
Not open for further replies.