I am confused with those letters. Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Nguyen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
To apply for a scholarship and enter a MA program in University, i need to write 2 Motivation letters. However, i do not know how to write them exactly. I mean, can i borrow some details from a letter then pass it into another one.

I check some motivation letter samples on the Internet, and i also see the Cover letter for the scholarship / enter University. Are them different form Motivation letters? do i need to write them? I dont see the requirements about them in the application requirements.

I need some advice from someone who has experience with those. I really appreciate ur help and replies. Thanks in advance.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Read some to get an idea of the things people say, then try to write one, post it here and people can make suggestions. Why do you have to write 2 motivation letters?

Van Nguyen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
firstly, thanks for ur reply.

Because i need one to apply for the Government scholarship and one for enter the University.

I already read those, but i am just confused about them. the more i read, the more i do not understand.

Knicky

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
United States
If one is for the University itself and the other is for Scholarship then yes, by all means you may use the same information in both. What they mean by your motivation is why you want to go to their school, what do you want to do with the degree, and what you want to do in the future. You can write and outline to help, example:

Why this school: Because it has the best program.
What do I want to do with my degree: Become a teacher of English.
What will I do in the future: Teach English with the goal of producing a new manual for teaching ELL students based on my own research.

Stare with something simple like this and then expand as you go and then start writing your full paper. I hope this helps.

Van Nguyen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
great advice. thank u so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.