• Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

Question Are these sentences correct?

Hello!

Would you help me, please? Are these sentences correct?
    I am completely confused. (I am feel very stupid myself, I feel that I don't know even that I have learnt by now)

1, Itís difficult to find such a family, who donít care about somebody can drive and speak perfect English or not
    2, how many days would be worked a week
    3, I donít pretend something seemed to be understood if I donít, just in order that I look smarter
    4, parents donít be expected to take them (the children) everywhere

Thank you

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Are these sentences correct?

Quote Originally Posted by moncsa001 View Post
    Hello!

Would you help me, please? Are these sentences correct?
    No, they aren't.
    I am completely confused. (I am feeling very stupid myself; I feel that I don't know even that I have learnt by now) [?]
    Maybe you mean, " I feel that I don't even know what I've already learnt."
    Cheer up! That would also apply to most learners here.

1, Itís difficult to find such a family, who donít care about somebody can drive and speak perfect English or not.
    I'll have a guess at what you mean here. It's obscure.
    "It's difficult to find a family who don't care whether the person driving them can speak perfect English or not." [?]

2, How many days would be worked in a week?
    3, I donít pretend something seemed to be understood if I donít, just in order that I look smarter Perhaps you mean, "I don't pretend to understand something when I don't, just so that I seem smarter."
    4, Parents donít can't be expected to take them (the children) everywhere.

Thank you
    Yes, you still have a lot of practice to do. But don't worry too much if you forget things that you've learnt. It sticks in your mind somewhere, and it's strengthened when you learn it again. But if you forget everything, maybe you need to review your study habits.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

Thank you very much Raymott for correcting. And especially thank you for the cheering words! S.a: " Cheer up" :) Very kind of you! I try it :)

In the first sentence. I wanted to write/express that a family have a charwoman and not important for the family that she can't drive /she hasn't driving licens and she can't speak English fluently.

In the third sentence. Yes so I mean as you mean.

Yes, I have a lot of practise to do. I am learning alone without English teacher and unfortunately there isn't any person who can speak English in my surrounding.
    And there is also a big problem to me, that I am not too young. It would have easier If I had been able to learn English language when I was a child.
    I am reading books. Oxford books. These books have scales from 1 to 6 ( from the easiest to the heaviest ) I can learn already no. 4. And I have already read a few of other English language books too: English Grammar in Use, BŠti -Vťges' English language, PŠtrovics Pťter' English language etc. All these books were read by me last year. I have read about three oxford books this year and I have almost finished Dťvainť Angeli Mariann' comparative exercises. (Translate from Hungary to English wiht key) this book is very good opportunity fo practise translate
    So reading of English text is easier to me than writing a composition from myself.
    I must learn a lot of idioms and words
    and repeat the grammar.

Sorry for writing too much.

(Sometimes I am very lonely I haven't job because of my illness and I have no friends at the moment with whom I could speak when I have a need to speak and I could open my heart.)

Thank you very much your help! And sorry the long writing again. And sorry for the mispells
    Best wishes: moncsaa
    Last edited by moncsa001; 28-Jul-2011 at 20:54.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by moncsa001 View Post
    Sorry for writing too much.

(Sometimes I am very lonely I haven't job because of my illness and I have no friends at the moment with whom I could speak when I have a need to speak and I could open my heart.)

Thank you very much your help! And sorry the long writing again. And sorry for the mispells
    Best wishes: moncsaa
    There is a Pen Pals subforum here. You might like to post there to see if anyone wishes to correspond with you regularly in English. That sometimes helps.