Lesson on things people collect... lead in ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

endo

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Scotland
Current Location
Scotland
Hi everyone. I am in the middle of planning a reading/speaking lesson on the subject of things that people collect (pre-intermediate). I'm a little stuck for a lead-in...

So far my only idea is putting them in to groups of three and having them look at some pictures of things such as Barbie dolls, coins, postcards etc and asking them to discuss what these things might have in common...

Can anyone think of anything better?

Also any ideas on speaking tasks/games relating to this topic would be really helpful too! Thank you
:-D

IN FACT I HAVE JUST LOOKED AT IT AGAIN AND I CAN INCLUDE HOBBIES/INTERESTS AS WELL :)

Last edited:

I'm With Stupid

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Vietnam
Personally, I'd put pictures of various collections around the room and get them to just stand up and have a look. Maybe give them the vocab and have them do a simple matching exercise. Then ask them whether they collect anything. But don't over-think the lead in and try and make it elaborate for the sake of it.

Hedwig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
Sorry, but, did you start the same thread twice? I can swear I've just read an almost identical question with another reply by a different member.

Status
Not open for further replies.