Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hi,

I would like to know whether the sentence below is a common sentence (the red one) and above all correct or not:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. Breitensinger,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you again for everything you did for me until now. I will keep in touch with you and let you immediately know if I come across problems during the whole process. I hope that I will not burden you too much.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yours faithfully[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kai Uwe Ansorge
[/FONT]

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I would like to know whether the sentence below is a common sentence (the red one) and above all correct or not:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. Breitensinger,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you again for everything you did for me until now. I will keep in touch with you and let you immediately know if I come across problems during the whole process. I hope that I will not burden you too much.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yours faithfully[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kai Uwe Ansorge[/FONT]

It's OK.... OR, "......it won't burden you too much".

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You could do with asking us to check the blue sentences as well.

Last edited:

powermetal114

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
of course.

powermetal114

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
again me. I thought they are correct. I would be ofcourse thankful if you correct this. :)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Thank you again for everything you have done for me up to now. I will keep in touch with you and let you know immediately if I come across problems during the whole process.

Rover

powermetal114

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Would you pleabe be so kind and let me know if my sentences are just unusual or totally wrong. If they are wrong please give me some hints about the grammar and why they're not correct.

Thank you in advance

TomUK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
UK
Since Rover has already corrected your mistakes I doubt that there is anything else wrong with your grammar.

If you wanted to start the letter differently you could have written "Thank you again for all the help you have given me so far." But there is nothing wrong with your text.

In the next sentence I would write "... any problems ..." or even "any more problems" implying that you are thanking Mr Breitensinger for help with previous problems regarding the same process.

I have got a little problem with the word 'process'. I wonder whether 'procedure' might be better here. As there is no further context, do you mean 'process' as in 'manufacturing process'? - I am trying to think like a German for a moment and I am wondering whether this is a case of a 'false friend' where an English word is spelled and pronounced similar to a German word but has got a completely different meaning. If you are using 'process' to talk about something happening in a court of law then the correct word is 'trial' (German = Prozess). Of course, I could be totally on the wrong steamboat here.

Just a little note regarding the beginning of your letter: Mr = BrE, Mr. = AmE (with dot)

I would not end the letter with 'Yours faithfully'.

When I write a letter and begin with 'Dear Sir / Dear Madam (because I don't know the name of the person I am writing to) I end the letter with 'Yours faithfully'.

When I write a letter to 'Dear Mr Smith' or 'Dear Mrs Jones' I usually use 'Yours sincerely' at the end of the letter.

When I write to a business contact I have known for a while I usually write 'Dear Jim' or 'Dear Jane' and then I would end the letter with the less formal 'Kind regards'.

You could even write 'Dear Mr Breitensinger' and then at the end 'Kind regards' if you wanted your letter to appear a bit less formal.

TomUK

powermetal114

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
...thank you for being so kind and writing so much. I think the infos you gave to me are more than enough.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.