Do these verbs always mean that way in the case to be followed by infinitives or gerunds?
I' ve read it some where recently and need to know if it's a consistent rule and appreciate you in advance.
this is the very excerpt:
In the following examples the verbs differ in meaning, depending on the form of the verbal.
1. Kurt remembered (didn't forget to do something) to give Kay the message.
2. Brian remembered (recalled from the past) seeing the painting a few years ago.
3. Florencio stopped (halted) to look in the store window.
4. Connie had stopped (ceased) biting her nailswhen I saw her last week.
5. She promised that she wouldn't forget ( would remember to do something) to bring the music the next year.
6. I'll never forget ( or: I'll always recall) my spilling wine on the hostess's white dress.
Do the meanings in the parentheses will always be the same?