Unhappy Hi..... I need helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp

My name is Sali

I'm new here; I want to tell you that I want to be fluent in English reading , writing, & speaking.

I don't have a problem understanding the spoken language, even the News, however, I have problem in conversation! It takes me for ever to remember the right words to use although that I know the word

I really really NEED HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElp... ..... So , WOULD YOU HELP ME PLZ

Thank you in advance

Sali
    Last edited by Sali; 26-Sep-2005 at 21:20.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Hi..... I need helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp

Sali, most difficulties like the ones you are describinh come from not being able to practise much, and then feeling inhibited when you do have to speak. where do you come from? Do you have the chance to use English much? Here on the forum, you can practise communcating with people, and posting is in many ways simialr to speaking, though not as spontaneous, but it will give you a chance to converse with native speakers and non-native speakers.

1. M56

Quote Originally Posted by Sali
    My name is Sali

I'm new here; I want to tell you that I want to be fluent in English reading , writing, & speaking.

I don't have a problem understanding the spoken language, even the News, however, I have problem in conversation! It takes me for ever to remember the right words to use although that I know the word

I really really NEED HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElp... ..... So , WOULD YOU HELP ME PLZ

Thank you in advance

Sali
    Hi, Sali. If you need to practice your English in a comfortable situation, why not advertise for a language exchange partner at local language academy? In a language exchange partnership, you normally go to a bar or café with someone who wants to learn your language, but either can't/doesn't want to pay to do that or wants to supplement his/her studies, and is willing to share his/her own language to do that. you would speak your language for, say, 30 mins, then he/she his for the same amount of time. It's normally a relaxing and unpressured way to learn. Of course, you need to find someone who has a similar level in your language as you do in English.

Good luck.

Smile Re: Hi..... I need helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp

Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    Sali, most difficulties like the ones you are describinh come from not being able to practise much, and then feeling inhibited when you do have to speak. where do you come from? Do you have the chance to use English much? Here on the forum, you can practise communcating with people, and posting is in many ways simialr to speaking, though not as spontaneous, but it will give you a chance to converse with native speakers and non-native speakers.

You are right, I don't practice... actually, and I don't have anyone to practice with!!! So I thought about registering in this forum....& I hope to find my notch here and practice the language

plz don’t hesitate to correct me whenever I write... or use the wrong word.... cause I ‘m here to learn ..& I need to know my weak points to improve my self.......so would you'll hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllp me…..trust me I’m a good student & fast learner

Thank you for your reply appreciate it……& I’m ready for my first lesson….you can start by correcting my mistakes in this letter

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

OK- you say 'find my notch'. To me a 'notch' is a cut like a 'slot'- I think you might be confusing it with 'niche', which means a place. Also you use the abrieviation for 'because'- I'd put an apostrophe at the start to show that letters are missing- 'cause- that way it isn't confused with the word 'cause'.

Re: Hi

got it teacher......so it is " I find my niche"

cause =reason

'cause = because

is that right?

many tahnks dear todl....

I'm waiting for more

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Hi

cause =reason

'cause = because

This is right, though the abbreviated form of 'because' is colloquial- so don't use it in formal writing.

Smile Re: Hi

Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    cause =reason

'cause = because

This is right, though the abbreviated form of 'because' is colloquial- so don't use it in formal writing.

Many thanks