• Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Smile Please check this.

Dear Mrs. May,

Thank you for your email. Sorry to send you this email a little late. The reason for the delay is that I have been clarifying the period of time in which I would do my MS Thesis at Berkley University with our university. The person who is responsible for this is away on holiday and is expected to be back again in the 33rd calendar week.

Nevertheless I have some questions regarding the DS2010-Form:

• · Under “How was the English proficiency of the visitor determined? (check all that apply)” should I check the points about my English proficiency myself or should this be done by a responsibility?

• · Under “Check which J Category you are requesting for Exchange Visitor (one box only):” which option do you propose to me? The question arises as to what if my MS Thesis because of whatever takes longer than six months. E.g. in case of “Short Term Scholar” I would not have the possibility to extend my visa.

• Is there any rules concerning the period of time in which I should do my MS Thesis at Berkley University? If this would be arbitrary from the side of Berkley University, it would give me the opportunity to clarify this just with our university and have a free hand from your side.

Best Regards,
    Kai Uwe Ansorge
    Last edited by powermetal114; 14-Aug-2011 at 13:18.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Please check this.

Quote Originally Posted by powermetal114 View Post
    Dear Mrs. May,

Thank you for your email. Sorry to send you this email a little late. The reason for the delay is that I have been clarifying the period of time in which I would do my MS Thesis at Berkley University with our university. The person who is responsible for this is away on holiday and is expected to be back again in the 33th calendar week.

Nevertheless I have some questions regarding the DS2010-Form:

• · Under “How was the English proficiency of the visitor determined? (check all that apply)” should I check the points about my English proficiency myself or should this be done by a responsibility?

• · Under “Check which J Category you are requesting for Exchange Visitor (one box only):” which option do you propose to me? The question arises as to what if my MS Thesis because of whatever takes longer than six months. E.g. in case of “Short Term Scholar” I would not have the possibility to extend my visa.

• Is there any rules concerning the period of time in which I should do my MS Thesis at Berkley University? If this would be arbitrary from the side of Berkley University, it would give me the opportunity to clarify this just with our university.

Best Regards,
    Kai Uwe Ansorge
    Thank you for your email and sorry for my delay in replying. I have been seeking clarification from my university as to how long it would take me to do my MS thesis at Berkeley University. The person I need to speak to about this is currently on holiday and is expected back in the 33rd calendar week (I would prefer an actual date here).

In the meantime, I have some questions regarding the DS2010 form:

1) · Under “How was the English proficiency of the visitor determined? (check all that apply)”, should I complete the tickboxes or should this be done by a third party who tested my English proficiency?

2) · Under “Check which J Category you are requesting for Exchange Visitor (one box only):” Please advise me as to which option I should tick. If I tick "Short Term Scholar" will there be a problem if my thesis takes longer than the six months allowed? Would I be able to extend my visa?

3) Does Berkeley University specify the time in which I must complete my MS thesis there or is the timescale flexible? This will help me to clarify the situation with my current university.

I would be grateful for an urgent response so that I can continue with my application.

Yours

[your name]

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Re: Please check this.

Thank you very much!