Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Respected Teachers
I am a Banker and I read complaint, greeting, new year and many occasionally letters. I really face difficulty because of the vocabulary. please suggest me how can I improve my vocabulary.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Respected Teachers
I am a Banker and I read complaint, greeting, new year and many occasionally letters. I really face difficulty because of the vocabulary. please suggest me how can I improve my vocabulary.

Dear teachers

I am a banker and I regularly read complaints, greetings, New Year messages (I'm not sure if that's what you meant) and various letters. I have a lot of difficulty with the vocabulary. Please give me suggestions on how to improve my vocabulary. Thank you.

My answer: read! Read anything and everything. Newspapers. Magazines. Websites. Books in English. Always have a dictionary with you. Don't look up every single word - that will be too time-consuming and difficult.

When you find a new word, don't just try to memorise it. Learn it in a sentence. For example, you find the word "umbrella". Instead of simply trying to memorise the word umbrella and its equivalent in your language, try to memorise "I need to take my big red umbrella because it is raining very hard". Also memorise a picture in your head of yourself carrying a big red umbrella in the rain.

innocent lady

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Sorry I didn,t understand What does it mean according to youe sense.
(I'm not sure if that's what you meant)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sorry I didn,t understand What does it mean according to youe sense.
(I'm not sure if that's what you meant)

You wrote "I read complaint, greetings, new year ..."

You cannot "read new year". I guessed that maybe you meant that people send you cards or greetings at New Year (31st December every year) but I am not sure.

What did you mean when you said "I read ... new year..."?

innocent lady

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
hmm right..:roll::roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.