Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. May,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am applying for a J-1 Visa. Would you please aid me in my efforts to visit the Berkely University. I am planning to do my MS Thesis as a scholar there, so I will not be an enrolled student. According to those information provided in the form 2023PS which you can find in the attachment I have the following questions:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]What should I exactly write in front of the field “Berkely University Title:” on page 1.I’m coming from the Technical University of Stuttgart in Germany. I’m studying Mechanical Engineering.
    [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]If I tick the box Short Term Scholar on page 2 and I would want to do my Ph.D. subsequent to my MS Thesis there would it be possible to extend my visa from Short Term Scholar to Research Scholar ? This is because if I would leave US after my Thesis upon my departure from the United States, I would be required to complete a mandatory two-year home-country physical presence prior to re-entry into the United States which I don’t want.[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Regarding FINANCIAL SUPPORT INFORMATION: I asked my banker to give me my recent personal statement on a bank letterhead which is required in the above mentioned form. They do not. The only possibilities that I have at the moment is that to send you my statement of account which I can extract as a PDF-file via Online Banking. Is it enough? Should I have the whole $15600 which is with respect to one year completely now in my account? Right now I have about $11000 which I think is enough for six months. [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]How should I proceed with the insurance part. Should I have a contract and send you the documentations. Do you have any idea which of the insurance institutes is the most usual one with which most of the students have a contract?[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]A general question I have just thought over. Should I actually send you the filled out [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2023PS[/FONT][FONT=&quot] form and take all other required documentations with me as I go to the US embassy applying for the visa or should I send everything to you?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I hope that I have not burdened you too much with such a long email and so many questions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you very much in advance[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kai Uwe Ansorge
[/FONT]

J

J&K Tutoring

Dear Mr. May,

[FONT=&quot]I am applying for a J-1 Visa. Would you please aid me in my efforts to visit [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Berkely University? I am planning to do my MS Thesis as a scholar there, so I would not be an enrolled student. With reference to t[STRIKE]hose information provided in the[/STRIKE] form 2023PS [STRIKE]which you can find in the attachment [/STRIKE](attached) I have the following questions:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. What exactly should I [/FONT][STRIKE]exactly[/STRIKE] [FONT=&quot]write in front of the field “Berkely University Title:” on page 1? I’m coming from the Technical University of Stuttgart in Germany, where I’m studying Mechanical Engineering.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. If I tick the box Short Term Scholar on page 2 and I [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] want to do my Ph.D. subsequent to my MS Thesis [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] would it be possible to extend my visa from Short Term Scholar to Research Scholar? [STRIKE]This is because if[/STRIKE] I'm concerned that, if I [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] leave the US after my Thesis, [STRIKE]upon my departure from the United States[/STRIKE], I would be required to complete a mandatory two-year home-country physical presence prior to re-entry into the United States which I don’t want to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3.Regarding FINANCIAL SUPPORT INFORMATION: I asked my banker to give me my recent personal statement on a bank letterhead which is required in the above mentioned form. They would not. The only [STRIKE]possibilities that[/STRIKE] alternative I have at the moment is [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] to send you my statement of account which I can extract as a PDF-file via Online Banking. Is [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that enough? Should I have the whole $15,600 [STRIKE]which is with respect to one year completely now[/STRIKE] in my account now? Right now I have about $11,000 which I think is enough for six months. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. How should I proceed with the insurance part? Should I have a contract and send you the documents? Do you have any idea which [STRIKE]of the[/STRIKE] insurance [STRIKE]institutes is the most usual one with which[/STRIKE] company most [STRIKE]of the [/STRIKE]students [STRIKE]have a contract[/STRIKE] use?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5. [STRIKE][FONT=&quot]A general question I have just thought over. [/FONT][/STRIKE]Should I [STRIKE]actually[/STRIKE] send you the[STRIKE] filled out [/STRIKE][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2023PS[/FONT][FONT=&quot] form and take all other required documents with me when I [STRIKE]go to[/STRIKE] apply for a visa at the US embassy [STRIKE]applying for the visa[/STRIKE] or should I send everything to you?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I hope that I have not burdened you too much with such a long email and so many questions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you very much in advance[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kai Uwe Ansorge[/FONT]

powermetal114

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
thank you so much for taking your time and correcting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.