Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
ABC is a to-be American supervisor of mine. The following email has been sent to him, but I hope someone else could proofread it for me and let me know if any grammatical errors or etiquette solecisms in my writing, so that I can improve next time.

Many thanks!:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello ABC,

Thank you for your message. It was a pleasure to dine with you, and to discuss my job last Saturday. The Thai food was nice.

The info. about the agenda of *** people, and the outline of my job are very helpful. I'll review the drawings soon, and let you know if I have any questions.

As to the meetings with Mike both at the Hotel this Saturday, and at our factory on August 31, They are fine. I am flexible about the timing slots and places for the upcoming meetings. Could you please let me know Mike's last name? I hope to address him properly during our very first meeting.

I have had your contacts. And I have added your Skype ID on my Skype messager. Mine is ****

I quite appreciate the time and efforts you have taken for preparing training me, and trying to let me adapt to ****asap.

Have a great week! Thank you!

Best regards,

TD

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I have made a couple of small changes, but this is a personal thing. I don't think you need have any worries about the mail that you sent.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello ABC,

Thank you for your message. It was a pleasure to dine with you, and to discuss my job last Saturday. The Thai food was nice. (Id say, "I enjoyed the Thai food".)

The info. about the agenda of *** people, and the outline of my job are very helpful. I'll review the drawings soon, and let you know if I have any questions.

As to the meetings with Mike both at the Hotel this Saturday, and at our factory on August 31, [STRIKE]T[/STRIKE]they are fine. I am flexible about the timing slots and places for the upcoming meetings. Could you please let me know Mike's last name? I hope to address him[STRIKE] properly[/STRIKE] correctly during our very first meeting.

I have had your contacts. And I have added your Skype ID on my Skype mess[STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]enger. Mine is ****

I [STRIKE]quite[/STRIKE] very much appreciate the time and efforts you have taken for [STRIKE]preparing[/STRIKE] training me, and [STRIKE]trying to let[/STRIKE] helping me adapt to ****asap.

Have a great week! Thank you!

Best regards,

TD

thedaffodils

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello Fivejedjon,

Thank you very much for taking time to proofread read my letter. You're very helpful.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.