[General] how to memorize synonyms and to use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali rai

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
hi..
i am ali and i am doing electrical engrng from u.e.t pakistan..sir i need some help regarding memorizing synonyms and to use them in writing and speaking.sir my actual goal is to do css(civil.services commission).and in that we need good english and attractive and vast vocabulary.so please guide me how to memorize and to use impressive english...
thanks...w8nd for your reply....

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi.
I am Ali and I am doing Electrical [STRIKE]engrng[/STRIKE]Engineering [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] at [STRIKE]u.e.t[/STRIKE] UET Pakistan. [STRIKE]sir[/STRIKE] I need some help regarding memorizing synonyms and learning how to use them in writing and speaking. [STRIKE]sir[/STRIKE] My actual goal is to [STRIKE]do [/STRIKE] join the CSS (Civil Service Commission) and [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] for that [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] I need good English and [STRIKE]attractive and vast[/STRIKE] and a large and impressive vocabulary. [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] Please [STRIKE]guide[/STRIKE] help me with how to memorize and to use impressive English.
Thanks. [STRIKE]w8nd[/STRIKE] I am waiting for your reply.

If you want to use impressive English, especially on this forum, my first piece of advice is use correct capitalisation and punctuation. Please see my corrections above.

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Always capitalise the word "English".
- End each sentence with just one full stop (or question mark etc).
- Always put a space after a full stop (or any other punctuation mark).
- Please use full English words ("waiting" not "w8ng")
- You don't need to use "Sir" in your posts. Firstly, it's very formal and secondly, we are not all men!

sumon.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Thank you, then what can we use to address teachers in a formal way ; not in a too formal way...:-o

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you, then what can we use to address teachers in a formal way ; not in a too formal way...:-o

We don't need to be "addressed". We're all here for the same reason, to help you. You can start your posts with "Hi everyone" or anything you like. More important is the use of "please" and "thank you" in your posts. We appreciate those much more! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.