• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Latin
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Hello world.

This is my first post here and I just wanted to say hello. I have recently picked up a renewed interest in improving my English and just got myself a copy of Barron's 1100 Words You Need to Know. So far I like it, I think the lessons are clear and well designed. If you know of other similar books or interesting reads you wish to recommend please comment below.

By the way, I try to double check my posts and make sure I make as few mistakes as possible, however if I do, please don't hesitate if you feel like correcting me.

Cheers.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Hello world.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    This is my first post here and I just wanted to say hello. I have recently picked up a renewed interest in improving my English and just got myself a copy of Barron's 1100 Words You Need to Know. So far I like it, I think the lessons are clear and well designed. If you know of other similar books or interesting reads you wish to recommend please comment below.

By the way, I try to double check my posts and make sure I make as few mistakes as possible, however if I do, please don't hesitate if you feel like correcting me.

Cheers.

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

(1) Welcome to usingenglish.

(2) Whenever you have a question, you will find that there are many teachers

here who will have the correct answer.

(3) At the present time, even non-teachers like me are allowed to comment --

so long as we warn you at the beginning of the post that we are non-teachers.

(4) It's great that you have a list of 1100 words. As they say, try to "grow"

your vocabulary as much as possible. I am an old man, but I am still learning

new words all the time. As you know, English has a huge (really huge) vocabulary.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Latin
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: Hello world.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I have been stumbling upon these forums for quite a while now so I decided to give it a go and register once and for all.