Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. zoobinshid's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

    • Join Date: Jan 2005
    • Posts: 295

    Exclamation He really did bend it like Beckham

    Hello everyone,
    Would you please tell me the meaning of ( bend ) in this sentence?Is it a common word in football or you would say something else?

    A:Fantastic shot.
    B:Yes, he really did bend it like Beckham

    Thanks in advance,

  2. Casiopea's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2003
    • Posts: 12,970

    Re: He really did bend it like Beckham

    Well, if it wasn't common before, it's common now. To bend the ball or bending the ball, also inswing, outswing, and banana kick is when the ball's trajectory path is curved, like the shape of a banana. An inward curve is called a inswing and an outward curve is called an outswing. Click here:

Similar Threads

  1. Bend over
    By NewHope in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-Dec-2004, 13:15


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts