• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

match any contribution

What is "match any contribution" and "match gifts"? Does match mean "offer"?

ex) I read your recent memo in which you announced that the company would match any contribution to AMSW radio. I, too, am a fan of that station and appreciate the company's willingness to encourage employees to contribute to a worthy cause. My choice for a personal chrity, though, happens to be the Towns Boys & Girls Club.,,,Would Amond Music Hall be willing to make the same very generous offer to match gifts to the Towns Boys & Girls Club?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: match any contribution

Quote Originally Posted by keannu View Post
    What is "match any contribution" and "match gifts"? Does match mean "offer"?

ex) I read your recent memo in which you announced that the company would match any contribution to AMSW radio. I, too, am a fan of that station and appreciate the company's willingness to encourage employees to contribute to a worthy cause. My choice for a personal chrity, though, happens to be the Towns Boys & Girls Club.,,,Would Amond Music Hall be willing to make the same very generous offer to match gifts to the Towns Boys & Girls Club?
    No, it means that the company will give a dollar to AMSW radio for every dollar that someone else gives. So, if the radio station has an appeal and raises $10,000, the company will add another $10,000. Sometimes you'll see: "We'll match donations dollar for dollar."