Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. sundance's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Yemen
      • Current Location:
      • Yemen

    • Join Date: Mar 2010
    • Posts: 67
    #1

    Rihhana stupid in love

    I listend to one of nicest song to my heart by Rihhana all the time but i could not figured out wht she mean when saying
    Stupid in love Oh Stupid in love Let me tell you something
    Never have I ever Been a size 10 In my whole life.. I left the enging running

    i wana know wht she mean by a size 10 and wht the idea behind her saying that she left the engin running

  2. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,134
    #2

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    i I wana want to know what she mean by a size 10 ...
    A 'size 10' is a person who wears size 10 clothes - often thought to be attractively slim. - Leona Lewis detoxes down to a size 10 and says, 'I love it when people tell me I've lost weight!' | Mail Online

  3. sundance's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Yemen
      • Current Location:
      • Yemen

    • Join Date: Mar 2010
    • Posts: 67
    #3

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    ok i know this ,but wht the connotation she wanted to tell her boyffriend

  4. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,134
    #4

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    ok i know this
    Oh, sorry. I assumed that, when you asked what she meant by it, you didn't know.
    Last edited by 5jj; 08-Sep-2011 at 15:20.

  5. sundance's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Yemen
      • Current Location:
      • Yemen

    • Join Date: Mar 2010
    • Posts: 67
    #5

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    it is ok ,someone else would help me

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 6,332
    #6

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    I listend to one of nicest song to my heart by Rihhana all the time but i could not figured out wht she mean when saying
    Stupid in love Oh Stupid in love Let me tell you something
    Never have I ever Been a size 10 In my whole life.. I left the enging running

    i wana know wht she mean by a size 10 and wht the idea behind her saying that she left the engin running

    ***** NOT A TEACHER *****


    (1) I am an old man who knows nothing about this kind of music, but I googled and

    found a discussion that may interest you. Some people claim to know what those

    lines mean.

    (2) I am not smart enough to link, so please go to Google and type:

    UKMIX - Forum - Rihanna - left the engine running - Loud era

    (3) I think that the moderators will let me recommend this link, for I read some of the

    posts, and they did not contain any bad words. All the posters seemed to take this

    kind of music very seriously.

  6. Barb_D's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2007
    • Posts: 19,218
    #7

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    Long ago, I stopped trying to understand what songs mean. I got that she means she's never been slender. What she means by keeping the engine revving is anyone's guess.

    The link I got when I entered those search terms did not help me at all. Sorry.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 6,332
    #8

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    Long ago, I stopped trying to understand what songs mean. I got that she means she's never been slender. What she means by keeping the engine revving is anyone's guess.

    The link I got when I entered those search terms did not help me at all. Sorry.

    ***** NOT A TEACHER *****


    One of the posters in that link explained the dress size this way:


    She found some size 10 clothes in her boyfriend's apartment. Well, she

    never has worn size 10 clothes. So this could only mean that her boyfriend

    is not being faithful to her.

  7. Barb_D's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2007
    • Posts: 19,218
    #9

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    Okay, I read the lyrics to the song.

    My guess is that she thought the conversation with her boyfriend would be so short (he would lie, she would know it, and the conversation (and the relationship) would be over very quickly) that she didn't even bother to turn the car off. She left the engine running because she'd be back in her car and driving away in a matter of minutes.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

  8. sundance's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Yemen
      • Current Location:
      • Yemen

    • Join Date: Mar 2010
    • Posts: 67
    #10

    Re: Rihhana stupid in love

    Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    Okay, I read the lyrics to the song.

    My guess is that she thought the conversation with her boyfriend would be so short (he would lie, she would know it, and the conversation (and the relationship) would be over very quickly) that she didn't even bother to turn the car off. She left the engine running because she'd be back in her car and driving away in a matter of minutes.
    thank you every one

    i guess you were smart xplaining that. i like this kind of mistery that ,as you said above, goes to one's guess and feeling

Similar Threads

  1. [Grammar] stupid - stupider - more stupid
    By virus99 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-Jun-2011, 09:54
  2. Stupid is as Stupid Does
    By TomBrooklyn in forum English Idioms and Sayings
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-Apr-2010, 12:10
  3. Why Im So Stupid??
    By TrackerBIBI in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-Jul-2006, 12:10

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •