• Native Language:
      • Danish
      • Home Country:
      • Denmark
      • Current Location:
      • Denmark

Please have a look at this

Hi there

It might not seem that trustworthy to state it now, but this is entirely in accordance with the rules for the use of the internet connection that applies at my dormitory.

The thing is that if I knew what port this program would use, I could tell them to open that port, something they would do. The hunch however is just that I do not know which port it uses, so I was merely trying to find a way to find out via you.

I hope for your understanding!

Could someone please take a look at this and check for errors?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Danish
      • Home Country:
      • Denmark
      • Current Location:
      • Denmark

Re: Please have a look at this

I do not mean to be rude, but I would really like someone to please take a thorough glance at this piece of text.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I don't understand it so I can't comment.I'm not ignoring your post, but I can't help you.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by lo2 View Post
    I do not mean to be rude, but I would really like someone to please take a thorough glance at this piece of text.
    I am sure you would. However, the people who respond in this forum are volunteers who do it in their spare time. Yours is not a particularly easy question, and some of us have time only for more straightforward problems.

The trouble with your question is that there is no simple solution, as I illustrate below:

It might not seem that trustworthy (this word means that you can rely on it. It is not appropriate here; I cannot think of a suitable word) to state it now, but this is entirely in accordance with the rules for the use of the internet connection that appliesy at my dormitory.

The thing is that if I knew what port this program would use used? , I could tell them to open that port, (something) which they would do One assumes that they would, otherwise you would not tell them to. The hunch (this word means 'a feeling/suspicion'. It is not appropriate but, once again, I am not sure what word you want). however is just that I do not know which port it uses, so I was merely trying to find a way to find out via you through you? .

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Danish
      • Home Country:
      • Denmark
      • Current Location:
      • Denmark

Hi and thank you very much for your help!

Ok the word "trustworthy" was used to state that I said could in face be trusted.

Instead of "hunch" I guess "thing" would suffice.

Can you not say via you? For instance: I hoped to find out via you?

I hope this will help you understand my piece of text better! And once again thanks for helping me :) most appreciated!