Could you help me with a love letter? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkingmagpie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Egypt
Hi all.
My husband's birthday is coming up and I'm making a photobook for him now.
I'd like to include a love letter to him, so could someone check the grammar and that sort of things for me please?
I would really appreciate your help!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time when I saw you, I instantly knew that we would be spending our life together. It was a very deep knowing feeling. Some people might call it destiny, but I'd rather call it a promise which we made before we were born. Well, I was right about being together bit, wasn't I?

Do you remember the night when you phoned me for the first time? I couldn't stop grinning for next several days. I was so happy and couldn't help being overly nice to everybody on the street!
Since then, we've been through various ups and downs together in many occasions and in
many places, haven't we?
You know, I can go anywhere and do anything because I know at the end of the night I get
to go home with you.

When I was a teenage girl, I sometimes wondered what kind of man I would marry - if ever. I dreamed of a man who is brave, strong, intelligent and with a great sense of humour. We would be enjoying tea together, engaging in fascinating conversations and travelling and exploring the world together.

It was a dream.
But now, it became my life - our life.

And I've got so much more than the little dream I had.
The gentle hugs when I'm down.
Your hearty laughs.
A trickle of tears when you are touched.
The monkey & the (disgusting) businessman impressions.
The grumpy rants!
You are the most remarkable person I've ever met!

Today you turn 60 years old.
And more than anything, I want you to know that I love you more than I ever dreamed.
When I look back and see the most romantic and cherished moments, it was all because of you.

Thank you for making my dreams come true.

I love you so much.
Always.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hi all.
My husband's birthday is coming up and I'm making a photobook for him now.
I'd like to include a love letter to him, so could someone check the grammar and that sort of things for me please?
Wouldn't your husband prefer a love letter from your heart, even if it contains one or two things that a pedant might object to, to one clinically purified by a group of teachers?

Thinkingmagpie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Egypt
He wouldn't mind... as long as it doesn't turn into a completely different letter.
Anyway, he is a teacher as well and it wouldn't hurt to announce to the world how much I love him, would it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.