• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

takeaway

Please make the following in red clear for me.

To his surprise, he learned a great deal from his experience, a real treasure trove of insights and impressions that completely changed his approach to his concept for his green project. For example, his greatest takeaway from the experience was that the design of the project should not only be green but create functional outdoor workplace.

Does "takeaway" mean "lesson" in the context? And is the second saying "the plan of the project should be environment-friendly"?

Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: takeaway

Quote Originally Posted by unpakwon View Post
    Please make the following in red clear for me.

To his surprise, he learned a great deal from his experience, a real treasure trove of insights and impressions that completely changed his approach to his concept for his green project. For example, his greatest takeaway from the experience was that the design of the project should not only be green but create functional outdoor workplace.

Does "takeaway" mean "lesson" in the context? And is the second saying "the plan of the project should be environment-friendly"?

Thank you.
    "his greatest takeaway" would seem to mean "lesson", but I've never seen it used that way before.