I would like to ask about 'reported speech'.Can you please check If they are correct or not?
1) "My name is Lynne", she said.
She said her name was Lynne.
She said her name is Lynne.
Both answers are correct, aren't they?
2) It is written that we can use the present tense in reported speech if we want to say that something is still true.
REMINDER: NOT A TEACHER
(1) There are rules, and there is common sense.
(2) If you want to please your teachers, you should probably use "was."
(3) As you said, many native speakers would, indeed, use "is."
(4) Sometimes, one must use the present:
Tom: The moon is X miles away from our planet.
Sue: Tom told me that the moon is X miles ....
(5) Sometimes it becomes really weird:
Mona: I might come to your party tomorrow.
Joe: Mona told me that she might come to my party tomorrow.
Mona: I may come to your party tomorrow.
Joe: Mona told me that she may(?)/ might (?) come to my party tomorrow.