• Native Language:
      • Nepali
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

expalanation

please answer the following questions.
    1) i am not stupid.in place of "stupid" could we say i am not "dumb".

2)your potential partner is just a call away.what does call away literally mean in this sentence.

3)Organizing information incorrectly could cost you a shot at an interview.what does this phrase "cost you a shot" meant actually here.

please assist me asap.i am waiting :)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Re: expalanation

Quote Originally Posted by palak1989 View Post
    p Please answer the following questions.
    1) i I am not stupid. i In place of "stupid", could we say 'i I am not "dumb"'? Yes, especially if you speak AmE.

2)y Your potential partner is just a call away. w What does 'call away' literally mean in this sentence.? see below.

3)Organizing information incorrectly could cost you a shot at an interview. w What does this phrase "cost you a shot" meant actually here.? see below.

p Please assist me asap. i I am waiting :) Please be patient. We are volunteers, answering questions in our free time.
    Welcome to the forum, palak. Please try to use captal letters and punctuation as appropriate, and leave a space after punctuation marks.

In future, please start a new thread for each different question.

#2 This advertising slogan suggests that you are very close to your future partner - only a phone call (the one that you will be making to the dating agency) separates you.

#3 This means that inefficient organisation of your information could cause you to lose the chance to try for an interview for a job.