Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please try to write the letter yourself first, post it here and then we can help you with it. Thank you.

supermanqatar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
Qatar
Thank you

Last edited:

JohnParis

Member Type
Retired Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
France
Hello Supermanqatar,
This is a suggestion for your letter. I have tried to use most of you own words. I do not know the customs of the country you come from, so I do not know how employees address their employers when making such a request as this. Good luck and congratulations on the marriage of your daughter . John

Dear XXX
My name is XXX and I have worked for you since 2005. I am writing to request your support for the coming marriage of one of my twin daughters. I am the father of three girls. My oldest daughter was married recently, and I am still paying off the debts from her marriage. Now it is time to begin making preparations for my next daughter's wedding and, as you know, I suffer from diabetes and am not financially secure. If you could help me and my family with any financial assistance, we would be most grateful. Your generosity would help us overcome a difficult crisis.
Yours faithfully,
XXX

supermanqatar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
Qatar
Dear Mr.John,
Thank you so much for the help. I think this will work good. I really appreciate you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's clearly your lucky day. JohnParis has saved you the effort of trying yourself. Next time you might have to do a bit of work! ;-)

JohnParis

Member Type
Retired Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
France
It's clearly your lucky day. JohnParis has saved you the effort of trying yourself. Next time you might have to do a bit of work! ;-)

Hi EMSR - he did post a letter but it's disappeared from my view of the thread.
It contained all the information I used in my draft (3 girls, 2 twins, diabetes, etc.) and - while not in the best of English - was, I felt, an honest attempt.
That's why I answered him.
How could a post disappear?
Thanks, John

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi EMSR - he did post a letter but it's disappeared from my view of the thread.
It contained all the information I used in my draft (3 girls, 2 twins, diabetes, etc.) and - while not in the best of English - was, I felt, an honest attempt.
That's why I answered him.
How could a post disappear?
Thanks, John

Ah, sorry, JohnParis. I didn't notice that you'd mentioned information that wasn't included in the original post. As far as I know, a post can only be deleted by the author or by the moderators.

Supermanqatar - if you deleted your post, perhaps you could put it back on here as other teachers may well have some suggestions based on your attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.