• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Exclamation ??

Hello

I study English as a second language and I have questions??

when I practice English language what are the most important thing should I know phrasalverb or Idiom,to easier practicing ??

Also I have some confusion for using prepostion,someone explain it for me ,please??

at first(thank you)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: ??

Quote Originally Posted by heart of happiness View Post
    Hello

I study English as a second language and I have some questions.??

When I practice English language what are the most important things I should know - phrasalverb phrasal verbs or Idiom idioms to easier practicing ?? to help me practice?

Also, I have some confusion for using prepostion,someone explain it for me ,please?? I am confused about the use of prepositions. Can someone explain it to me please?

at first(thank you)

Thank you.
    You don't need to know idioms to speak good English. Phrasal verbs can be important as we use them a lot.

Prepositions are complicated but with practice, you'll understand them. It's impossible to just "explain" prepositions. You need to learn the meaning of each one and when it is appropriate to use it.

Please see my amendments to your post in red above. Please don't use so many smilies/emoticons. They make posts difficult for us to read. Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

Thank you so much.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

[QUOTE=heart of happiness;810753]

NOT A TEACHER

(1) As the teacher said, we learners do not have to know idioms in order to speak English well, but I respectfully urge you to learn as many idioms as it is possible to do. Then you will understand English better when you hear or read it.

(2) As the teacher said, prepositions are super important. Some books say that prepositions are the "glue" of English. They connect all the parts.

(a) Here is a little story that I have made up. Can you fill the blanks with the correct preposition?

I come ____ usingenglish.com because it is the best helpline ____ the World Wide

Web. The teachers are all native speakers ___ English. I usually visit this website

___ the morning, but occasionally I even visit it ____ night. The teachers are very

intelligent and kind, and they are very patient -- no matter what kind ___ question

we ask. It is impossible to speak English correctly ____an understanding of

prepositions.

My answers: to; on; of; in; at; of; without.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

oh, Thank you so much..

[QUOTE=TheParser;811017]
    Quote Originally Posted by heart of happiness View Post

NOT A TEACHER

(1) As the teacher said, we learners do not have to know idioms in order to speak English well, but I respectfully urge you to learn as many idioms as it is possible to do. Then you will understand English better when you hear or read it.

(2) As the teacher said, prepositions are super important. Some books say that prepositions are the "glue" of English. They connect all the parts.

(a) Here is a little story that I have made up. Can you fill the blanks with the correct preposition?

I come __in__ usingenglish.com because it is the best helpline _on___ the World Wide

Web. The teachers are all native speakers _of__ English. I usually visit this website

__in_ the morning, but occasionally I even visit it _at___ night. The teachers are very

intelligent and kind, and they are very patient -- no matter what kind _of__ question

we ask. It is impossible to speak English correctly __without__an understanding of

prepositions.

My answers: to; on; of; in; at; of; without.