Results 1 to 3 of 3

    • Join Date: Jun 2003
    • Posts: 495


    It's a rather new Japanese word meaning 'a person
    absorbed mostly in computer at home.'
    I wonder what is the English word for that.
    Thank you.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Feb 2005
    • Posts: 2,585

    Re: nerd

    Hello Itasan

    Yes, that would be a "nerd".

    "Geek" is almost synonymous with "nerd", but has a slightly less pejorative tone. A geek might describe himself as a "geek"; but even a nerd would never describe himself as a "nerd".

    It is (just) possible to be a "girl geek"; but on the whole, "nerd" is only applied to males.


    • Join Date: Jun 2003
    • Posts: 495

    Re: nerd

    Thank you very much, Mr. Pedantic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts